*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713501-Journal-of-a-Caregiver--Introduction
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#713501 added December 13, 2010 at 1:43am
Restrictions: None
Journal of a Caregiver : Introduction
Contains my experiences as my Mother’s caregiver
Started in August 2010


Journal of a Caregiver is the working title for this book. I have not decided on the final title yet. This book contains some of my experiences as my mother’s caregiver.

My mother was born on a farm in Oklahoma on March 19, 1921. In late November of 2009, Mom’s doctor diagnosed her with Alzheimer’s disease and Mom began taking medication for the Alzheimer’s in early December of 2009.

I am writing this book in novel format as a series of chapters rather then as entries in a journal. Right now (Sunday, August 01, 2010) I expect it to contain an introduction, approximately nineteen chapters, and an epilogue. The only thing I may change is the number of chapters.

Word Count: 142

My mother, Marie Pearl Newland Darbe Sisk, was born on a farm outside Lamont, Oklahoma, on March 19, 1921. Mother was premature and no one thought that she would live; she fooled everyone and turned 89 years old on March 19, 2010.

In late November of 2009, a doctor diagnosed Mom with Alzheimer’s disease and prescribed Galantamine. She began taking the medication in early December of 2009. The meds helped some, at least I think they helped, sometimes I wonder about that. However, Mom does not get as angry as she did before she started the meds. She still has issues with her memory. She cannot remember where she lay her glasses or put her purse.

When Mom loses something, she gets upset. Sometimes she gets angry and sometimes she cries. Mom thinks someone stole her things or hid them from her.

more to come
or not



© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713501-Journal-of-a-Caregiver--Introduction