*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713503-Potpourri-Contest---Information
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#713503 added December 13, 2010 at 2:25am
Restrictions: None
Potpourri Contest : Information
This contest, which ran for three rounds, was created in December 2005 and ended in December 2006. The contest rating was E. I am not sure if I am going to run this or any contest again, but I am keeping this information for inspiration.

Potpourri Contest


*Reading*In essence, the dictionary definition of potpourri is a grouping or amalgamation of odd, bizarre, inconsistent, incompatible or inappropriate items or objects.

*Snow1*My personal definition of potpourri is a combination of incongruous objects or items each with a pleasant aroma. The rules, the entry ratings and the prizes change over time so read the rules carefully before posting anything.

*Snow2*The winner of each round go into a yearly contest. The prizes in the yearly contest is an awardicon (first prize) and a merit badge (second prize).

Round 1 Winners


Theme for Round 3


*Bullet*Holiday Story or Poem
*Bullet*Combine any two holidays you want.



Rules


*Flower1*One poem entry and one story entry per person.
*Flower2*All entries must be posted by midnight writing.com time on the last day of the contest.
*Flower3*Entries posted as {bItem:######}.
*Flower4*Author's original work.
*Snow2*Stories between 500 to 5,000 words.
*Snow3*Poems between 10 to 80 lines.
*Flower6*Question: Prosperous Snow celebrating

Prizes


*Gift1*First Place: 2,000 gps
*Gift2*Second Place: 1,500 gps
*Gift3*Third Place: 1,000 gps
*Gift4*Runner up 500 gps

Best of 2006 Prizes


First Prize: awardicon
Second Prize: merit badge

Donations


anonymous 25,000 gps
Pass it on 10,000 gps

DEADLINE December 26, 2006


Judges


Feedback


This is some of the feedback I received and I am puting it here incase I decide to create another contest.

*Note*Awesome cotest idea!

*Note1*Hi there.

I found this in the Nifty 50+ review forum.

This is a great idea. I especially like that the contest solicits entries other than writings. Although writing is what I do here, I know that there are many talented people in our w.com family who do amazing things with graphics and photography.

I notice that the contest entry will be viewable at the contest site. I will be back to view because I appreciate the required talents for these genres.

Thank you for thinking of this!

sue sue

*Note2*This is an intersting idea for a contest fulfilling a need for those people who epress themselves in other ways than writing. I feel you need to make a few more explanations on your main introduction as at least one message is aking for clarification of the type of entries you are accepting.
Good luck with this contest. I hope you get lots of support and lots of entries.
Happy holidays
Peacelilly

*Note3*First of all, kudos to you for taking such a big step and starting your own contest! Although I've never done one myself, I've entered several here, and I have a few suggestions that might help you get more people to enter:

1) I think your contest description needs to be a little more clear. I understand that you're looking for photos, but I'm not really clear on anything but that.

2) You might want to include more details about what the photos will be judged on, and tell potential entrants exactly what you're looking for.

3) Make sure you post this contest on the Contest Announcement page, as I'm sure that will help you get more people interested.

Good luck on your contest!

Best Regards,
Emmyloo

PS Oh, and you need bigger prizes. Here are a few GPs to help!

*Note4*Good contest. Best wishes with it.

*Note5*THE FORUM

This is a contest which engages members of the writing.com. The rules to the contest are clearly stated defined.

WHAT I LIKED

How the contest involves members of the WDC Community. It really is a good, interactive way to meet other members around the site.

MECHANICS

I did not notice any grammar/puctutation mistakes.

PARTING THOUGHTS

If anything I might consider using a graphic and more WDC ML. Good luck with contest!


Reviewed by StephB in the Sandbox.

*Note*You need some more incentive to draw writers in. I am sending enough gift points to allow you to give an awardicon, a merit badge, and a little extra.

I want to do this anonymously in case I want to enter the contest. I trust your integrity. Others might not.

*Note1*This contest is well set up with easy to understand rules. The page is well organized and clear. Here's wishing you much success with your contest! I think July's prompt is a good idea; too bad I don't write poetry! I'll be back next month to check again.

Cordially,

Starr*

*Note2*Prosperous Snow,

Although this sounds like an interesting contest, I don't believe it "fits" me.

Have fun with it.

Jean

*Note3*Best Wishes with your contest. Always: Megan


© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713503-Potpourri-Contest---Information