*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713551-Creating-Similes-and-Metaphors
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#713551 added December 13, 2010 at 7:52pm
Restrictions: None
Creating Similes and Metaphors
Lesson 6 Part 2 – Prosperous Snow
Written in June 2009
Characters


George has been working at the same automobile factory six days a week, ten hours a day, for the past twelve years. (Use a simile or a metaphor to show how worn out George was feeling.)

After twelve years, George was the rusted shell of a racecar.
After twelve years, George was the ragged remains of a heavy-duty spaghetti mop.
After twelve years, George felt like a robot thrown piece by piece into the recycle bin.


Katie had been working all day in the summer sun. (Use a simile or a metaphor to show how hot and tired Katie was feeling.)

Katie was the stub end of a candle.
Katie was scoop of chocolate ice cream someone dropped on the sizzling cement sidewalk.
Katie was the wilted limb of a rose bush.


This is Kim Su's first day at college, and she is in the middle of a chaotic morning registration session. {Use a simile or a metaphor to show either how confused Kim feels or how chaotic the entire session is.)

Kim Su was a small stone in the remains of an exploded planet.
Kim Su was a page of the Sunday morning paper that the wind scattered across the campus parking lot.
Kim Su was in the center of a storm.


Victor spent his entire summer vacation watching quiz shows and soap operas on television. (Use a simile or a metaphor to describe the state of Victor's mind by the end of his vacation.)

After a summer of quiz shows and soap operas, Victor was a leaky sponge.
After a summer of quiz shows and soap operas, Victor was a rusty sieve.
After a summer of quiz shows and soap operas, Victor was a zombie eating his own brain.


After all the troubles of the past few weeks, Sandy felt peaceful at last. (Use a simile or a metaphor to describe how peaceful or relieved Sandy was feeling.)

Sandy felt like she was floating on a soap bubble.
Sandy was a purring kitten.
Sandy inhaled the sweet aroma of the peace rose.


© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713551-Creating-Similes-and-Metaphors