*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713556-Perfect-Writing-Place
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#713556 added December 13, 2010 at 8:43pm
Restrictions: None
Perfect Writing Place
Journal Entry #2: Perfect Writing Place
Written for Turning on the Light
Written in January 2010


My perfect writing place contains a computer located next to a window. This is so that I can look out the window whenever I want to. Outside the window, I can see sky, trees and part of my neighborhood. The window is located next to my computer so that I can look up from my work any time of day or night and meditate on what I see outside my window.

On wall near my computer is a calendar with pictures of flora and fauna. Each month has a different picture of a plant or animal and I can look at the calendar picture any time to find inspiration. If I want, I can use the animal or plant in a story or poem. I can look up at the picture and meditate on it at any time.

On another wall in my writing place is a piece of string art. This is a nine-point star. The star is made of various shades of purple sting against a background of lavender cloth. The star represents the inspiration humanity has received from God through out the known and unknown history of the human species. Each point represents a differ prophet sent from the divine creator to give inspiration to humanity through out its history.

Next to my computer desk are containers that hold CDs and letters. In addition, there is a bookcase, which contains different genre of books. In that bookcase are English translations of the different Holy Books revealed to humanity through the different prophet sent by God. Other books are poems, doctoral dissertations, novels, collections of short stories and flash fiction, magazines and journals.

On a stand in my perfect writing place is a peculator, coffee grinder, dragon mug, and a set of four mismatched coffee cups. The dragon mug contains pens and pencils. On my computer desk, besides my computer, is a pill bottle labeled “Pennies from Heaven”, a picture of ‘Abdu’l-Baha, an angel from the top of a Christmas tree, and a Y2K bug that makes a noise when I shake it or it falls to the floor. I also have a feather duster lying near the computer to dust stuff off.

My perfect writing place is located in the main part of the house. Despite what I often say, I have come to realize that I cannot write without interruptions. If I attempt to writing with not interruptions I encounter writers’ block more often then when I have regular or irregular interruptions.

Word Count: 416


© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713556-Perfect-Writing-Place