*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714353-True-Typical-Love-Story-TTLS-Chapter-2---Devin-Jacobson
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by xcvxz
Rated: 18+ · Book · LGBTQ+ · #1736941
A story of 4 high school students and how they fall in love in some of the hardest times.
#714353 added December 30, 2010 at 6:03pm
Restrictions: None
True Typical Love Story (TTLS) Chapter 2 - Devin Jacobson
True Typical Love Story
Chapter 2
Devin Jacobson


         Waking up to the sound of your parents arguing over what they want for breakfast isn’t my idea of an alarm clock. Lying in my bed, I just listen to them argue for a while before I get up. As soon as I fully awake my mom could be heard yelling for me to wake up. Today seemed to be a normal morning. Wake up and get ready for school. I was starting to walk in a rut. Everything was the same… Take a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, shave, and put deodorant on, the same every single morning.

         Grabbing my backpack and lacrosse gear I head out the door, saying goodbye to my parents. While waiting for the bus I start to see some of my friends, saying to myself, ‘Here we go again…’

         “Heeeyyy, look who we have here,” Logan says to me as he walks up to give me the high five, fist, dumb handshake the whole lacrosse team seems to use. There’s no creativity anymore with how people do things.

         “Yeah, yeah,” I said in reply to his obnoxious voice.
“Ready to kick some Castle View ass?”

         “Who isn’t man? Number one! Let’s hold it!” He starts to smile for some reason. I can’t resist his wonderful smile. It’s a very uplifting feeling, almost as if I’m being lifted on a cloud in the air.

         I’m not gay though… My parents would probably end up killing me and calling it an accident if I was gay. My parents are very strict Catholics, homophobic to the brink.  All I’m really thankful for is that we aren’t apart of the Westboro Church ‘cause I love the gays, it’s not like they did anything bad or hurt anybody.

         It seemed as soon as the bus got to the stop we were at the school. When we got to the entrance I saw the absolute drama queen Alyx Dahl.  She tries to act like the innocent, OCD person in our school but I bet she’s the exact opposite. I wonder what her most recent rumor about me is… Maybe I’m magically a fag today. As I pass by her I just slowly reach out my arm and shove her against the locker she was trying to open. Everyone on the lacrosse team cheer for joy, while saying things like, “Next time the freaks deserve to be thrown into their lockers!”

         I walk these halls like the king I am. I’ve been praised by everyone so I figured I’ve done well at this school so far.

         All the classes are the same generally. Everything just becomes a rerun of my life until Lacrosse practice begins…

         “Hay Devin, is it true your gay?” shouted Skyler from across the field so the whole team could hear.

         “Yeah man, some chick said you’re gay and love the penis!” concluded Jake. Both of them were the political whores of our team. They aren’t very well liked. In response to their question I just shook my head no. They’re the type of people if you said ‘go jump of a cliff. It’s fun!’ they would try it.

         “Ya sure? I don’t want to be raped by you in the locker room later.” Everyone looks at me, expecting an answer.

         “Why would I be gay? I have a girlfriend; I have lost my virginity to one of the most beautiful girls in the school. Yet you guys come up to me to ask if I’m gay? I find that quite hysterical.”

         Jake replied next, “I don’t know Alyx said it.” He smiles slightly shrugs his shoulders to seem more innocent. Wow, I was right for a change. I would be gay for a day.

         As Lacrosse practice goes on I listen as the goalie complains about how I shoot to hard during practice.

         “Dude, just try to put it in nicely!”

         “This isn’t JV anymore, Paul…” I respond with no remorse for him.

         “So what? It’s practice.” He pouted slightly.

         “I could use the same excuse.”

         “Whatever…”

         Practice seemed to take forever. I could only be thankful that it’s finally over… Today wasn’t the best day to be an Attack. Doing laps constantly while everyone else watched. If anything the middies should have been running.

         As soon as I got home I could hear my parents arguing again. I was starting to get slightly annoyed.

         “If we tell him he will be broken!”

         Tell who what?

         “So what? He’s a tough child. He should take it lightly… It’s all over the news anyways. He’ll find out at some point.”

         What are they talking about? I decide to break up their argument.

         “Hey, I’m home.” I place my bag on the sofa in the family room.

         “Come into the kitchen please Devin…”

         “O-Okay.” While I was walking to the kitchen I just become more worried as to what’s going on.

         “Son,” My dad begins cautiously.

         “No! Don’t tell him John! Please don’t.”

         “Son,” My dad says, ignoring my mom’s plea, “Your best friend
Leia was just murdered.”
© Copyright 2010 xcvxz (UN: khaokitty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
xcvxz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714353-True-Typical-Love-Story-TTLS-Chapter-2---Devin-Jacobson