*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718861-Hello-Baby-Rhino
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#718861 added March 1, 2011 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
Hello Baby Rhino!
Amid rising gas prices and a winter that seems reluctant to relinquish its ghastly hold, many people, me included, are looking for that sparkly bit of good news. Any little bit of good news will do, as evidenced by the little surge of joy I found reading about the Javan Rhinos this afternoon. Apparently this rare species of Rhino has been hunted to the brink of extinction for its horns, which possess none of the healing qualities they are reported to possess. With only twelve births reported worldwide in the last decade, researchers were thrilled to see hidden camera footage that revealed what appears to be two healthy calves. As I looked over the grainy images of the baby Rhinos, I could not help but smile. It was a small, bright tidbit of good news and afterall who doesn't love baby Rhinos, with their too big heads and cuddly armor-plated bodies? The renewed hope for this rare species survival might not keep me warm or prevent me from having a heart attack the next time I have to fill my gas tank but it is good news and I'll take it in however it may come.

© Copyright 2011 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718861-Hello-Baby-Rhino