*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722607-Credit-crunch
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Contest Entry · #1769138
Some contest entries for Daily Flash Fiction.
#722607 added April 19, 2011 at 6:25am
Restrictions: None
Credit crunch
I won't make that mistake again."
Have fun!
Credit crunch

I was in a rush to get to the compartment in which I made my reservation for the overnight journey to grandpa’s place.

As soon as I entered the coach, the train started moving. I sat down with an audible sigh of relief.

“You seem pretty tired,” my neighbor said. He was a handsome man with a pencil mush and a smiling face.

“ Oh, yea, sort of, ” I said feeling happy to talk to someone. “ My grandfather isn’t well. I am on way to see him.”
We chitchatted, talking of every other topic under the Sun, from politics to the credit crunch.

He sounded fairly well informed and intelligent too.
“I am a fund manager in the Bay front mutual funds. We haven’t suffered from the present recession prevalent all over the world.”
“That’s interesting! How did your company cope with it?”
“Well to cut the successful long story short, we have taken some long term precautions. In fact more jobs were created despite the set back.” He gave me his card giving me reasons why money would be safe with his company.

Wheels started turning in my mind. I badly wanted to invest the money I recently came into. I voiced my willingness to him to get into mutual funds. He took out a few forms, which I filled in a hurry, for his destination was about to arrive. Then I gave him a cheque for a certain big amount. Soon the train halted in his station. He got off.

A couple of months later I found out that there was no such company registered under the name I furnished. Not again I thought. I won’t make that mistake again.
© Copyright 2011 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722607-Credit-crunch