*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726605-This-ones-about-some-stuff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#726605 added June 20, 2011 at 8:13pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about some stuff...
Hey y'all....been awhile, hasn't it? Looks like summer, since things have slowed down almost everywhere in Blogville. I hear it's not quite the tourist destination it once was. That said, it's not like I haven't been busy...I've just been, boring lately. Not much going on in the way I could speak about, I suppose.

But I feel I need to speak at this issue. Last night we went out to dinner at a lovely little place, http://www.kentuckygregs.com/ for the first time, and I was impressed. It was good BBQ, and we're already plotting a return this week. We were on our way downtown to catch a friend's friends cd/lp release concert and meet up with some other friends (and the friends part was awesome *Bigsmile*!) when it was determined, immediately after dinner, that I must "use the facilities".

DISCLAIMER: I don't approve of blog entries regarding potential excrement. I will make this an exception, since everyone found this hilarious.

We determined that the closest "acceptible" place to "do my business" was the local Wegmans around the corner, since I'm familiar with their facilities. Never had a problem there before...always clean, always stocked, and if you're stuck going in the changing room, you've got access to diapers and stuff!

Nonetheless, the stall I usually use when I use the Wegmans pooper is open, so I sat to begin my journey....only to feel a chilling sensation on my boys. WTF?? *Blush* Due to a slightly higher water level in the porcelain bowl, my boys went for a dip. Men, if you're ever wondering, "How can I stop myself from having the urge to poop?", just dip the dangling half of your junk in cold-ass toilet water. I can vouch that it works, cuz as soon as I realized what was happening, my bowels tightened up faster than a senior citizen's wallet when you tell him/her that you can't accept their expired coupon. NOT COOL!

Broke outta there as fast as I could dry the boys off, and made our way downtown to a great little place to see some local live music, http://www.themohawkplace.com/. Met my boy Adam up there, and was suprised by my bro DMFM and his fiancee (who I haven't seen in forever, and is looking as beautiful as always) stopping by for a night of great music, good times and laughs. Love those guys like brothers...always have a good time with them. Good peeps and good tunes are always a formula for success. Good for Jess the CWC and Dave's fiancee Regan to finally meet before the August wedding. There's a couple pics up on Facebook of us guys having a moment together. I wish I was more of a piccy-taker.

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* Happy Fathers Day to all you dads and father-figures out there! Here's my wish to Pop Diesel: Sorry things got complicated and misunderstood. Hope your dad's day was good and you were fulfilled. Sorry I can't be a part of it.

*Bullet* Welcome to my iPod, Roger Bryan & The Orphans! For fans of Wilco, old country, beer (maybe PBR, which was the special at Mohawk last night), and just jangly rock n roll with passion behind it, they're your band and pretenses be damned. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-Pm8Sk0Oc. Watch it and fall in love! Find out more as soon as the website is up at http://harvestsum.com/a/. They love vinyl. I love vinyl. And if you don't love vinyl, I'm sorry for you. I can't wait to get their records (all three of them).

*Bullet* More Thor! Pics coming soon to the intro via G-Stam, who thinks they should be my FB profile pic. I say nay, but I'll include them here. Jess the CWC was recently promoted to assistant manager for Walgreens, but they're renovating all of the stores in the district. That includes the moving of departments to other areas of the store, hence "CCR"- "Customer-Centric Retaling". She was drafted for the mission, and she accepted....so she spends one week at every store making it right. This week, she's at my store. And the CCR staff is short, so I've been drafted to help out the CCR team this week. And that's great, cuz it gets me out of counting countless nothings for a week. A negative? Our car rides to and fro are going to be weird, since she usually carpools with another member of the team; now she's carpooling with me. The discourse of conversation will practically end, since she'll know what I do and I'll know what she does and there'll be little to talk about. On the positive side, I'll be able to make an impression on a wider range of people, and hopefully it'll be positive.

*Bullet* The count keeps rising even though I haven't posted in almost three weeks. Thank you all for looking, and I'm sorry if I've been boring lately! Love you all. Gotta get some naptime in though. GOODNIGHT NOW! And tip your bartenders...it was nice to see an ex-coworker tending the bar and doin' his thing at Mohawk. He drums here: http://www.alisonpipitone.com/ and that's a great live show if you've ever seen one.

Ok, I'm really out of here. I had a great time. Come back soon! I promise I'll try to also.

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726605-This-ones-about-some-stuff