*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726912-June-23-Three-days-to-go
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#726912 added June 23, 2011 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
June 23 Three days to go
I don't understand some people. We are all humans and we make mistakes even if we have the best interest at heart. Some times you can't win.


In the past there the Restuarant has served Strawberry Shortcake after the concert. It was for the campers and guests who want to fellowship after the concert with the performers who wish to come also. It has been a huge success and been administered by many people.


This year, the previous administrator was asked to do it and declined. The event was then to be canceled. Paul, my lovely husband, disagreed and was told he could do it, but first it had to be cleared by the Dept. we would need to use.


I called and asked the woman if she wanted to head it all up, not knowing the exact conversation between Paul and the Restaurant Head. She hesitated and said she would contact others and see what she could do.


Last night at Orchestra parctice she talked to me and I said I would help her in anyway she needed. Her loving and overprotective husband found Paul and went off on him. Finally Paul was able to convey the conversation to him but he walked off.


It was uncalled for and unnecessary. I took it from there and got the ball rolling on my end. I found servers, decorators and will people to do what needed to be done. I love it when you call people and they say "I will do it because so many others enjoy the results."


I don't want to toot my own horn, but I sing in the choir, which I count as a huge privilege as I am not an accomplished voice. (I love making a joyful noise) I have been asked to prepare snacks for the choir and orchestra on practice nights when it is my turn. I volunteer every morning for two weeks during camp to prepare and cook for breakfast. When I wasn't working (for 2 yrs) I worked there all day for 3 meals as needed.


As I have said previously I also have been asked to oversee the Memorial Day food and cleaning of the Restaurant. I love it. I count it a blessing to be there to work with people.


I am blessed even when I am tired an sore. I never think of it as WORK.


The fact that others complain about volunteering or being asked to work for the church is beyond me. Yes it is work, yes it is tiring, yes it is at time thankless, but the feeling you get when you see happy faces eating and meeting friends around the tables. You might hear someone saying that a meal was very good and they want the recipe.What a blessing that is.


I just don't understand some people.
© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726912-June-23-Three-days-to-go