*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732516-Preparation-I
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#732516 added August 26, 2011 at 1:27pm
Restrictions: None
Preparation "I"
Preparing for a hurricane is a huge pain in the ass. I already have heartburn and a migraine from dealing with the lines in the groceries stores and my mother's phone calls repeatedly reminding me that we do not own a sump pump. It is one thing to feel entirely unprepared but it is another level of "oh crap" when you have a toddler and two dogs and feel totally unprepared! I did manage to pick up bottled water and a variety of canned food. It we go without power, at least we won't starve! I think I'm most concerned about how I will entertain my daughter now that we've pillaged all her toys for their batteries and the inability to play her sesame street videos. If the power outages last for more than a few days, I fear the wrath of my toddler will be far worse to bear than any storm! Today though, the sky is bright blue and the sun is blazing...it is hard to imagine that a large and menacing hurricane is bearing down on us. I have a few more errands to run tonight then we are going to bunker down and ride it out, come what may. I hope everyone stays safe and that Irene blows through quickly and as mercifully as possible.

© Copyright 2011 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732516-Preparation-I