*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735049-This-ones-about-the-real-world
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#735049 added September 26, 2011 at 10:03pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the real world.
THE PROMPT: "If you were asked to be the keynote speaker at a graduation ceremony, what would you say to inspire the graduates to work toward their dreams and attain their goals? Write your speech for us."

Good evening, graduates. May I be the first to welcome you to the real world. For so long, you've been accustomed to a society that has a well-in-place structure...you wake up, attend class, socialize, study, and sleep, more or less. For many of you, the changes will be minor. You'll replace class with work and studying with family life. The order may even change, but the basic concept will remain intact. I'm sure you'll remain successful.

However, there will be those of you who are highly affected by a perceived lack of structure. You'll find your organization and time management skills tested time and again, and your motivation to get from point A to point B may be taxed. Work may be a little more difficult, and you may even suffer from depression due to what seems like your life being turned upside-down. I ask that you remind yourself that you are not alone. There are still plenty of opportunities in this world. The burger joints will always need fry cooks, and the gas stations will always need attendants. Always remember that when the world's got you down...someone's always gonna have it a little worse. If that's not motivation for ya, I don't know what is. *Smirk*

Thank you for your time, and congrats, graduates. Go get 'em out there!


MUSICAL BREAK:

Fitting song...when this album came out it was one of my favorites. It's still a good album years later. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_RdhqF3qg0

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* Pretty uneventful day...work wasn't too bad, the house is relatively quiet (relatively being used in context) and I'm pretty full off some tasty homemade chicken fried rice.

*Bullet* I did, however, get a new toy today...a fantastic, large Black & Decker toaster oven *Delight*! I know, I'm weird...but I love making sandwiches in the toaster oven and I left mine at my old apartment, 542, when my brother moved in. My good eatin' just got better!

*Bullet* Also got an add-on disc of songs for Rockband...if I ever get a chance to play it! The boys seem to take the Xbox to their dad's house on the weekends I want to play it...that's just my luck. But I'm pretty pumped to soon be drumming along and singing this excellent tune... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okthJIVbi6g&ob=av2e.

That's it for tonight...gonna go back to watching Monday Night Football and maybe get a full night's sleep. The challenge is winding down for the month....back at it tomorrow! Thanks for stopping over...GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735049-This-ones-about-the-real-world