*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736018-Just-happened-to-be-sitting-here
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#736018 added October 6, 2011 at 2:45pm
Restrictions: None
Just happened to be sitting here...
Getting ready to write something, I hear some girlish voice shouting, "How do I get off this thing?" I look out my window to the street and I see this middle-aged woman whizzing past on a bicycle that is obviously too large for her. Her feet were a few inches from touching the ground. Then, a teen-aged boy zooms past her on a skate board. He is grinning and saying nothing. By the time I get out my front door, both of them have disappeared down the hill and around the curve. All is silent, no sirens, so I guess somehow she has figured out how to use the hand brakes. The hills are steep in my development.

I took my holter monitor back at lunchtime and will see my doctor Tuesday morning for the results. Nothing unusual happened so I don't expect there will be any problems with it. Those things must be valuable because someone from the office called at 9 this morning to "remind" me to return it by 1 P.M. today. Like I'm going to forget I'm wearing it and not remember where to return it. Duh! I almost demanded a receipt when I dropped it off. Maybe I should have. *Smile*

Jim is doing better. I took him for a ride in the wheelchair all over the hospital yesterday. His main destination was the ice cream machine even though it was sugar-free. Hospital food does "suck". I think the kitchen tries to outdo themselves on weekends with roast beef and baked pork then through the week it's macaroni with Velveeta. Yuck. He called and said he had a huge breakfast this morning though, sausage patty, biscuits with gravy, scrambled eggs, a cinnamon muffin, oakmeal, milk, coffee and joice. Wow!

Uh, oh...looks like we are getting ready for a big storm. It's getting dark and the wind is whipping around. Have to run and close up...

until next time....c

© Copyright 2011 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736018-Just-happened-to-be-sitting-here