*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739193-This-ones-about-customer-relations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#739193 added November 10, 2011 at 10:28pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about customer relations.
Good evening everyone! Just stopping by to say hi and let you know I'm still alive and whatnot. It's getting into a busy time of year for me, and my exhaustion tolerance is shortening even faster than past years *Rolleyes*. If I stay in retail a few more years, by the time I'm 50 I'll be one of those people who's in bed by 7:30pm and up by 4am, just to get to my 8am job...and if I'm lucky, the local senior shuttle will take pity on me and my bad knees and cart my ass around a few years earlier than my eligibility allows. *Smirk*

Speaking of life in retail, I found a website that creates videos for you, which is really neat. It's https://www.xtranormal.com and it's pretty simple to use. Basically you type the dialogue, add in some actions and angles and expressions, and you've got your own short clip. You've probably seen their work before...my first experience was a pharmacist at more store posting videos on Facebook someone made about what a pharmacist deals with daily. It was hilarious!! I checked out the site, figured, "why not?", and fueled by a personal experience I had being the manager-on-duty the other night, I made my own movie. If you've already seen it on my Facebook page, thanks! And if you haven't, watch it and, by all means friends of the retailers, share it. Share share share! Sharing, nowadays, moreso than knowledge it seems, is power. http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12662736/drug-store-return-policy?page=1

It's my first try, and it's not perfect (a few bugs with the dialogue), but it had a few of my bosses in laughter-tears this afternoon when they watched it. I can't wait to do more down the road!

MUSICAL BREAK:

Let's see what the iPod cues up...

Never mind. Out of 14,266 songs, nothing excites me. What does the wonder that YouTube is recommend for me?

Ugh. Katy Perry? No thank you. Rihanna? Does my YouTube account even know me? Unfathomable.

You get this instead... and not because I do this, but because it's an interesting indie, sorta one-hit-wonder kinda song, and would make work a lot more fun I think. And I know you conspiracy theorists out there, both camps...you're wrong. Camp 1 thinks I already do (and maybe I have once or twice or more at other jobs, but I'm not so stupid to do so at this current job at any time); and Camp 2 would push for this as a change in the Constitution. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv1BHv_NlJQ

I can only imagine how much better life would be for those in retail if they were allowed beer breaks. I mean, I get a smoke break (as defined by the legal term "15 minute break") once a day. I could probably take two "fifteens", but I don't. That'd just be doubling my intake during the work day. But a fifteen minute beer break? Shit, even if all I was allowed this swill http://www.chicagonow.com/the-beeronaut/2011/01/walgreens-big-flats-1901-beer/, I'd still make sure I set my break time appropriately and stuck to it...who knows how relaxed I'd be for people's shit and nonsense after that kind of break? Cuz if y'all know me, you know one thing: Peoples is scumbags.

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* The views keep pumpin' in, even though I write about as often as I have a good day at work. *Rolleyes*

*Bullet* Strictly for the astute readers: Notice anything new? Since "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is on hiatus for awhile, I replaced their image with another at the top of the very page you're reading. Be a good scholar and scroll back up to take another look. It's ok, I'll wait for ya...

OK, I'm done waiting. One of the spoils of winning was a new image courtesy of Legerdemain , and I commissioned Leger to provide me that composition book image. I'm pretty pleased with it. And I'm trying to think of another that I've earned from kiyasama that I can work in up there as well.

*Bullet* I have a hidden blog entry...it was nothing great, but it felt like it at the time, until I fell asleep in the midst of editing it. I'll get it up soon...it's just more fuel for the jet engine this leisurely pilot likes to run.

*Bullet* The Sabres had a winning weekend last weekend! Break up the Sabres! No...not yet. Just get Miller's head screwed back on straight and let Enroth play a little more and we'll be ok.

*Bullet* So want to be watching football right now, but a kid's got Netflix on crack up there watching The Cleveland Show, which is ok by me and my shallow standards. Plus, I need to go to bed early anyway. It's always *Rolleyes* awesome when you find out through the deduction of evidence at around 1pm (and more than halfway through your workday) that your next morning shift will start at 5:45am and not 8am. FML. On the plus side, I'll be out at 1:45pm and will have the evening damn near to myself to watch the Sabres (and hopefully be so stupidly unconscious when I get out to take a nap; similar to today, yet I am running without a nap on this internet treadmill...fantastic choices life makes for us, no?). Another plus? I can get another night of sleep that I'll need heading into work on Saturday. Besides, it's not often that I get to fall asleep to football *Bigsmile*. I just hope the ballers on my fantasy team ball up and make me proud for selecting them.

BONUS BEATS!!:

Songs stuck in my head:

Nirvana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv96yJYhk3M&ob=av2e

Smashing Pumpkins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8th9vUA48

Butthole Surfers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rz2cepixjI (And you have to turn your volume up for this)

Just some stuff I've heard recently that I'd like to share

And that all being said, I bid you away for now so as I can try to make a little sense of my life before I take an early sleep. Listening to football. Smashing boxes around at 5:45am. Read, review, comment, and share, friends. Peace! GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739193-This-ones-about-customer-relations