*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740959-This-ones-about-the-return-of-the-blingand-DING
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#740959 added December 2, 2011 at 9:35pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the return of the bling...and DING!
Good evening my friends. With all due respects to whomever I'm going to bastardize this quote from, this is how I'm going to sum up the morning I encountered..."With great accolades, come greater scrutiny".

Ladies and gentlemen, I hope you've had a great day. Mine? Not so fantastic. When it starts out with management singling you out for a customer complaint and you can't recall any details of the situation, and being told you won't be in consideration for the award you just won because of it, that can be a downer. When I ask them to check the tape so I can see who it was I was dealing with, I'm told there's no camera on the register I was on. STALKER ALERT: There's no cameras on the photo lab. Great. *Worry*

Mind you, all of the paperwork says I "helped" this customer in this certain "complaint". Never mind the fact that the initial transactions happened when I was off. All I did, I guess, was apply a valid coupon to their online order. Only, it shows up in the system as "Employee Discount". Well, slap me around and call me Sucks-to-your-bonus. If it was a curious situation, it would stick with me. But it doesn't. The paperwork they have on me doesn't match the entireity of the situation. All I did was apply a coupon a stupid customer wasn't able (by their own ignorance, I'm guessing) to add themselves.

So I'm pissed. I don't need my good name being sullied in that place, no matter what. Turns out it wasn't me that pissed this woman off (after some more thoughtful research). After a giant exhale, I was pretty much ok. I don't need shit that doesn't involve me being the end to my employment. Not especially after another day of busting my ass, especially with upper-management types being in the house.

The moral to the story is: The pin on your chest is a target on your back. The multi-million dollar company is always looking to cut costs. They just gave me ten bucks and a cheap pin. Now they're looking to try to get under payroll all of the sudden? And that's the worst they can do? Fuck man, I'm (probably) the most versatile employee in the store, and they've already cut some of my wings. And those wings were snipped a few weeks back...who the fuck else would you want to run the photo lab when things go wrong and no one else can get around problems besides Photo Jesus, when you have call-offs and you can't hire people for shit due to the new system that feels like none of us would've been hired had we taken the then "new" tests? I'm calling bullshit on the company. You wanna investigate me? Get your shit straight and then figure it out...as it turns out, they had nothing on me. But the corporate policies need to catch up with society. And I won't be surprised if they ever do.

CHRISTMAS MUSICAL BREAK!!

So I don't know this song. I don't know where it comes from. But I know it played a lot at work last Christmas, and all I could think of was this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK5jeKYlF_w

All of my years of singing in chorus in high school can't bring back the memory of that one.

VITAL STATS:

*Person* Was a little more than concerned about Jess the CWC last night, and if the shoe fell on the newly found foot, that'd be an issue too.

*Person* Got an email telling me I was dropped from "30-Day Bloggers Group, and I have no idea why. Bullshit; step up and tell me why. Or don't, and let me twist in winds that I don't feel.

*Person* The Sabres aren't doing shit tonight. And I have to be up at the mega-early time of 5:30-ish tomorrow. #nevagonnaseemylova

I hope you all have a good Saturday...gonna work my balls off again, maybe catch a nap, and hit up the Annual Dan & Janet Xmas Party. GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740959-This-ones-about-the-return-of-the-blingand-DING