*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741076-Where-are-you-Aunt-Frances
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#741076 added December 4, 2011 at 7:57pm
Restrictions: None
Where are you, Aunt Frances?
I called my Aunt Frances today and got a recording that her number is no longer in service. She lives in Delaware, about 1,000 miles from me, and is in her eighties. She has Parkinson's and heart problems. The last time I spoke with her was on her birthday in May. She told me then she was considering moving into a complex for elderly people, but I guess I did not take her seriously. I should have called sooner because I think that is what she must have done. It is hard to picture Aunt Frances living anywhere other than the home she has lived in since I was a little girl. Changes always come as a surprise to me although I know they are inevitable. I must call her son, my cousin, to find out where she is. When I was little, she babysat me, and even now I can smell the pies she made, always giving me a hug and a smile and a promise of something sweet and juicy when it cooled. She had two boys, and I always had the thought she would have loved having a little girl. I hope she likes the new place and is making lots of friends. I know everyone will love her.

until next time....c

© Copyright 2011 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741076-Where-are-you-Aunt-Frances