*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744308-Moving-Right-Along
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#744308 added January 15, 2012 at 10:25am
Restrictions: None
Moving Right Along
Moving Right Along

Today I finished the last input to lesson 1 and posted it in the Workshop Forum. I now have the lesson 1 vignette, The practical exercise written on the Central Character template and lastly I wrote a the weekly evaluation of the vignette.

I know it sounds lame to write something and then write the review on it but I wanted to show the student an example of the three to demonstrate what they look like. I really think that after all the lesson material is completed nothing demonstrates better than an example.

I used to work for a guy that insisted upon practical examples after seeing the theory of something explained.

Karen jumped in and updated the appropriate page with the "Contiguous" chapter explanation I talked about yesterday. I am really getting spoiled having somebody like her around. I am continously amazed at how well she can fix things.

Mark came over this afternoon and dumped some trunks in my yard next to the stove. It is getting cold out there but then it’s the 14th of January. We have actually had a mild winter so far. We usually get about four weeks of sub zero weather and with the snow deep… that is cold. Last year I ran out of wood and had to get another truckload.

I hope the workshop is working out for the students as well as it is for me. It is really taking me in unexpected direction on the Volusia Manuscript. I am finding that many of the things I talked about in the objectives are finding expression in the vignettes. Today I started on Vignette 2 and have about a thousand words. Another thousand plus and then I will make sure I have all the requirements in the prompt.

I have four students I am sure of working on the class. I asked them to respond with how they want to be reviewed, in the forum or by private e-mail. I got four responses. That tells me who is working and who isn’t. Am I a sly old dog or what. I hope they don’t try and put everything off until the last night and try and wing it. Well if they do they do…. The students will get out of the workshop what they put into it. I am seeing a lot of activity on the forum and with the objectives so somebody with access is reading and doing something.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744308-Moving-Right-Along