*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744790-This-ones-about-so-many-days
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#744790 added January 29, 2012 at 2:12am
Restrictions: None
This one's about so many days.
THE PROMPT: "If you have five (5) days left to spend together with your love one how would you spend those days?"

Good evening y'all...here we go again with another morbid prompt. Why do we only have five more days together? Is one of us dying? Is the world ending? Is justjessica1 smartening up and leaving me for someone richer and worth a lot more money, who's also more attractive and knows how to make his own coffee in the morning? Well, for argument's (and entry's) sake, let's assume we don't know any of these things other than on day five we find out it's all over.

Given who we are, I'm not sure that anything would change or be done any differently. Perhaps maybe there'd be some kind of feeling of dread that gets mentioned in passing. Maybe we get some kind of unknown urge to try a new restaurant for dinner. Maybe I'll want to watch a movie and not accidently fall asleep during it. Hell, maybe we'll even go to a movie. That's a sure sign of the world ending. *Laugh*

I don't see a celebration...what are we celebrating? There's too many unknowns. How would we have enough time to know we both had time (or money) to take a vacation? Would airfare be cheaper, or even more expensive? Would we just continue to go to work anyway, knowing we might be spending too much time together if we didn't? And what if it turned out to be a hoax, and we had to stand behind all the things we've said and done (or didn't do)?

Truth is, I just don't know without knowing a lot more. I know this...if it's the apocalypse, we'll spend at least one day (probably day three or four) making sure the house is immaculate before the coming of the end. She'd hate to leave behind a cluttered house, that's for sure. *Laugh*

MUSICAL BREAK!! Ugh...what to do, what to do... Ok, this is the best I can do. http://www.youtube.com/user/Officialblurchannel?feature=g-all-a#p/f/0/0DjHKqb365...

And I can't play any song by them while not thinking that if the end of the world had a soundtrack, this might be the second song on it (and don't ask me what would lead off that soundtrack...with my luck I'll be asked to curate it, and I don't know anyone who would want that job). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSbBvKaM6sk&ob=av2e

VITAL STATS:

*Rolleyes* A pretty boring day, since I had to work in the evening and basically waited around all day to do so.

*Pthb* I don't even have any good stories about work today. It was that boring.

*Snow2* Winds in the 60-mph range, temps dropping back into the 20's, and more snow this week. At least it's January, and we've been lucky so far. And it can still get worse, but at least it won't be for as long. I can practically smell March...and it smells minty!

That's it for tonight. Not a great entry by any means, but it's in by midnight, so it's cool. Gonna screw around for a little bit and try to make it as early a night as possible, since I've gotta be up a lot earlier than I want to. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIEsmGzo2UE&ob=av2e

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744790-This-ones-about-so-many-days