*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745366-This-ones-about-what-its-all-about
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#745366 added January 29, 2012 at 2:47am
Restrictions: None
This one's about what it's all about.
THE PROMPT: "In what way/ways does blogging fulfill you?"

What's up everybody? Oh, you know, the same ol' same old here. So that line *Up* there? That's my prompt. And this here is what I'm gonna say about it.

To me, blogging and writing are just like any other form of art. It shares common ground with acting, singing, painting, making music, designing clothing, etc. They're all the same, but the medium used to present the final outcome is different. Singers have songs, painters have paintings, actors have roles, and the bloggers blog.

I think the purpose between them all is pretty universal too. Nobody makes art because they want to suck at it. What actor says "I'm gonna take this role because it's gonna kill my career"? All of us, us creative art types, whether we realize it or not, want our product known (and even more preferrably, liked). If any of you want to disagree with the following statement, that's fine...shut down your blog, call it the end and meet me out back to discuss it, because I think you're wrong...all of us are attention whores to a certain degree. Now, I didn't say that's the primary reason, but honestly, who sits at their computer typing up what they think is something people will want to read, but it whispering to themselves "I hope nobody reads it"? It's not like it's little league baseball, when kids are forced to play but would rather pick dandelions while hoping the ball doesn't get hit near them...we made this choice and this is who we are, and dammit, we want someone to notice and appreciate and love it!

Now, I'm speaking directly about myself (a subject I'm fairly familiar with) when it comes to why I do this: writing is my vehicle to be able to say whatever's on my mind at any given time, in a forum that I can control. It's basically a one-sided conversation, yet it's open-ended for the purpose of feedback. The structure suits me better this way than, say, having a conversation with a know-it-all who can't shut up and won't let you make a point because he's too busy talking himself in circles and looking dumber by the minute. We all know that guy.

And how exactly is that fulfilling? Well, I don't find myself to be among the greatest of conversationalists, for one. How many minutes a month do I actually talk on my phone? Maybe 10, and it's usually the same two minute conversation five times: "Hey, I'm running late. I'll be there soon." And I'm not really a topic setter; I prefer to let other people do the talking, and then jump in at (hopefully) an appropriate moment, or (even better) a really inappropriate moment. Cuz when I'm awkward, I only feel better when everyone else feels awkward too. *Smirk*

Now that I've run too far off on a tangent...oh yes, fulfilling? Yes. It stems from me being able to control a conversation, at least somewhere. Not that I long to be a control freak or anything, but I can talk about what I want to talk about, and if anyone wants to join the conversation, great. And if they don't, I'll just talk about something else.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Just a few songs to break the monotony tonight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkzugpIbM3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NUboGE0p6M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xMJZHrG_94&ob=av2e

VITAL STATS:

*Pencil* I'm notorious for bitching about the prompts in the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, but I'll tell ya, you couldn't pay me a greater-than-respectable full-time salary to be a prompt-writer for this. I stared at a blank screen last night wondering what the eff you see kay I was doing trying to come up with one. And I had damn near all month to think of one *Rolleyes*!! It probably took me less time to write this entry than it did to come up with a decent prompt. Now I get why 30DBC Creator/Founder has us doing the prompts for most of the month. That shit's crazy hard! Peace to all the prompters out there, for real.

*Football* I watched football all day for probably the last time until September. Sundays are going to suck some serious ass until then. *Frown*

{No effin' hockey emoticon, and I'm ok with it, but only for this week} I don't get to watch hockey at all this week, most likely. The Sabres play next on Tuesday, but I have to work...and then it's the All-Star break. Hey, maybe we'll show up and play after that! And I better have an emoticon to celebrate it!!

OK, I said what I needed to say. I'm gonna troll around here for a little bit before I take my second nap of the night...see, this kid usually doesn't work Mondays, but he is in the morning. And while he's not happy about not being off again for several days, he'll do it. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey0pozA71sE&feature=related

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745366-This-ones-about-what-its-all-about