*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745878-Interest-piqued
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#745878 added January 29, 2012 at 12:56pm
Restrictions: None
Interest piqued.
A couple of readers have asked about the blooming "tulip" tree I mention in this blog. I am looking at it now through the window by my computer. It sits across the street in the backyard of one of my neighbors. Actually, the house is a rental, and I have not become acquainted with them yet; consequently, I am too shy to go over and take a picture. Because you both have never heard of a tulip tree, I began to wonder if I had just made that up...seems so.

I went into Google and after some searching, I found the real name, a Saucer Magnolia, http://www.arhomeandgarden.org/plantoftheweek/articles/saucer_magnolia.htm At least, the description implies the bloom looks like a tulip. I hope that redeems me a little bit *Smile*. Thanks for your interest. I may even look for one to plant now that I know the proper name to call it *Laugh*.

On another note, I heard about Reiki several years ago at a stone identification event at my local library. The speaker was (is) a Reiki practitioner. The part that really interested me was the following:

Just for today, let go of anger,
Just for today, let go of worry and be filled with gratitude.
Just for today, commit to doing your work honestly.
Just for today, be kind to all living things.


These are Reiki Principles, and students of Reiki are instructed to intone them as a prayer each morning on arising and each night before sleep. Reiki is not any kind of religion. It is meant for stress reduction and relaxation. I am sure there is lots more to it than that, but this is the part I latched onto. It has served me well. I would not call myself a student of Reiki, but I do believe these principles are a very good thing. Repeating them daily, keeps them at the forefront of the mind, something I need more of as I age.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745878-Interest-piqued