*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746666-Wasting-time
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#746666 added February 8, 2012 at 8:38pm
Restrictions: None
Wasting time?
Being a person who does not enjoy channel surfing since I feel it is a waste of time, I always click on the tv guide site when I have the time to watch anything. First, I look for the yellow highlights which indicate movies, then I click on the title to see the short review of any that interest me.

Tonight I saw something new, at least I think it is new since I have not noticed it before. At the right of the screen
just above the review is a small blue block that says "I'll Watch", which I can click if I want to, and below that it tells me how many are watching (planning to watch, I guess, since the show is not on yet). Isn't this wonderful. Now we have something else to sway our judgment. After all, wouldn't I want to watch those programs most people are watching. And just think, without this little button to tell me, I could make a grave mistake and watch something no one is watching.

This seems to be the way of life lately, or maybe it has always been this way.. Someone or something is always telling us what to watch, what to read, what to buy, what to eat, what to wear, what to think, in order to be like the majority. No wonder we get dementia, etc. We just do not have to use our brains anymore or make choices without a "little" help.

Guess that little blue button sort of flipped me over the edge....hmmmm

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746666-Wasting-time