*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747265-A-good-read
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#747265 added February 17, 2012 at 2:20pm
Restrictions: None
A good read...
I just finished reading Letters For Emily by Camron Wright. If you want to read something that makes you feel good, this book is at the top of the list. If you yearn to be immortal, write a novel. Your family and friends, and if you are lucky, thousands, maybe even millions, of others will come to know you long after you are gone from this earth. And you get to determine how they will remember you. That's the best part. Now that's an incentive to increase your vocabulary and get those fingers moving.

I know I went to the library to pick up that biography on Emily Dickinson, but I spied Letters for Emily in the restack cart, read the inside front flap, and couldn't resist it. Emily (Dickinson, that is) is next *Smile*. She's residing on my nightstand for the moment. Isn't that weird...two Emilys?

Camron Wright's real life grandfather inspired his book. He wrote poetry to his family and at the end of his life suffered the symptoms of aging and mental illness, just as Wright's character in the book. Through his grandfather's poems and other letters, Wright's family chose to remember him not as the frail, sick man he was at the end of his life, but for the strengths and sacrifices he wrote about during his life. Wouldn't it be a great gift if we all could be remembered that way? After all, dying is just a tiny part of life.

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747265-A-good-read