*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747988-Prompts-are-not-prompting
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#747988 added February 28, 2012 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
Prompts are not prompting...
It has been dreary and rainy here since last Friday which makes me feel like "Debbie Downer". Where's the sunshine?

All the coolness and bleakness stirs my cravings for comfort food so last night was homemade lasagna. Now I'm satisfied and can go back to normal eating *Smile*.

Even the birds seem to be in a bad mood, bumping each other off the feeder perches. I know just how they feel.

On a happier note, I got a phone call from a very old friend last night whom I haven't heard from for a long time. Seems her husband is in about the same condition as my Jim, and she is his sole caregiver as well. Why is it comforting to know someone else is in the same boat as you are? It just does not seem right, but there you have it. It was good to catch up on all her news, and to be able to share some of mine. We promised to stay in touch better, exchanged cell numbers and emails.

I'm continuing to improve on my reviews, at least in quantity, and the reading is very enjoyable, not to mention the friendly, appreciative emails. Writing-wise, though, is another "story". Prompts are not prompting any story ideas for me lately, but I continue to check out the Flash and the Cramp daily, hoping for a eureka moment. So far I've just enjoyed reading the winners' stories, and sometimes sending a review. It's a good thing I can still blog and review. Otherwise, the well seems to be dry....

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747988-Prompts-are-not-prompting