*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748173-March-3
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#748173 added March 2, 2012 at 5:22pm
Restrictions: None
March 3
My how fast time flies when a crisis enters our lives. All of the sudden we were threatened by having to leave our home. We were told it was going to be sold and we would have to be out by May 1st. We began to scramble and found place to store the huge amounts of tubs full of our Christmas decorations. In a matter of weeks we moved those tubs and redistributed our previously boxed stuff into other boxes or hauled off to the Donation sites or dump.


Then a few weeks after the initial confrontation there was a meeting and and resolution was made. It made the level of stress and discomfort subside along with the intense drive to get everything out of the house.The immediate need was resolved but the potential for future issues was there so we decided it best to find another place to live. My husband needs to be actively moving and get more boxes packed so when we do get a house to move to, we will be well prepared to just pick up a few things and go.


That last sentence is confusing to me. Why do I need to get all but what I basically need to cook each day and wear for a week to two and get it into a box to sit in a garage until I move? Is it just me or does the minimalistic life style effect these over achievers?


Anyway this constant need to pack and clean keeps me busy to the point that while I am still working at something he feels that the pain in his back (very real I know) drives him to bed and to his FOX NEWS! I am going nuts!


*Worry*


On top of this we get notice that his favorite Aunt and Uncle are coming to town. His sister lives in a two bedroom house. One is used as an office so that means if the Aunt and Uncle don't want to go to a hotel they will stay with us. In our house that is full of things that I have taken out of the cupboards, closets and where ever to put in half filled boxes. Now were do I put all that?


That isn't all. They arrive on Wed (3/8) and my hubby has to leave town that day not to return to the following Monday. He has seen them just last summer and fall, so he isn't too disappointed, but ME?? I love them too but I work all day and have to come home to get ready for Special Meetings at our church every night that same week. (3/7-3/10) Sat Morning I have a two hour appointment and Sunday afternoon I have a Celebrate and Connect meeting for my Thirty-one gifts business.


*InfoP*


Okay, I am sorry for anyone who might read this. I am venting. I am just overwhelmed at the moment and would so love to go somewhere ALONE where I can spend a weekend doing nothing but reading and writing. No time table. No whining that someone else is bored or needs to have a body next to them to have a running commentary on the news or interviewees. I don't want to worry whether the house is clean or the dishes are done and put away or the floor is clean or vacuumed. I don't want to have to make meals. I want some me time!!! WHINE WHINE WHINE. It was my turn to do that.


*Delight*


Now that you read all that I have the next intense work out. In Jan I was asked to come up with some kind of drama to go along with a cantata we are performing for Easter. The last time we did it there was just pictures on a screen. This time the music leader wants some action to enhance the songs and narration. Would I do it??? Yes. I do love this kind of thing, but not this year.(I didn't know at the time I said yes my life would be turned upside down).


I wrote out some drama scenes then went to ask people to be a part of it. After many NO's I got a group that is willing. I wrote the actions and direction. Reused the appropriate powerpoint slides where needed. The weeks after the Special meetings I will have 1-2 practices per week with the groups. Granted it isn't a lot, but I have the vision and it is getting the rest of them to see it too. I am excited to do this and I think when it is performed on the evening of April 8th it will be very powerful. At least I pray that the actions will touch the people who watch it. That they get the point of Raise the Crown!





AMEN I just pray for grace, patience and strength to get through this coming week and the next ones leading to Easter. I think after Easter, I am going to BEG for a weekend away and alone. I will ask someone if I can borrow their condo for a Friday through Sunday just to sit and write and read. I don't even care if I eat! (well, hold on there girl! no eating? what is THAT all about? my brain is reacting to that comment) Ok some quick things just snacks. (Yes, we love snacks, chips and cheese, tortillas and cheese/beans, hamburger helper...) It was just a thought, not a promise. More like wishful thinking.





© Copyright 2012 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748173-March-3