*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750915-In-again
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#750915 added April 14, 2012 at 8:19am
Restrictions: None
In, again....
I had to take Jim to the hospital yesterday, low kidney function. He's getting fluids and minerals and should be able to come home in a couple of days, I hope. Taking him to the hospital is a difficult thing for me to do because he gets so depressed when he is there. Sometimes he won't eat or drink much and it prolongs his stay. And that makes me depressed so I may not be writing here very much until he comes home.

It's always a big surprise to both of us when his lab results come back so bad that he needs to be admitted. New symptoms are non-extistent, I guess because he is already weak to begin with.

I talked with our daughter last night and she just lost a very dear friend to suicide. She said he suffered from depression which I did not know. He always seemed happy...kind and considerate around me...although I did not know him well, it made me very sad. He was only 48 and seemed to have everything, job and life, going his way. How can we not see when people are suffering so? And why can't we do something?

This morning life goes on as usual, the birds are flying in and out of their feeder, splashing in their bath, and the sun is shining brightly. At first, Mopsy was looking around for Jim, but now seems satisfied all is well. I hope Jim's labs improve quickly....

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750915-In-again