*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751190-This-ones-about-some-change
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#751190 added April 17, 2012 at 11:48pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about some change.
THE PROMPT: "What are three things you would change about your life right now and why?"

Good evening everybody...happy tax day and whatnot. Ugh. I'll let the prompt speak to my feelings about that.

CHANGE #1: I wouldn't procrastinate so much. This way, I wouldn't have put off doing my taxes until the last minute, and then rushing to e-file at literally the 11th hour. But that's not just about today. There are so many other things I put off on a daily basis that if I'd just take the five minutes to do them, I wouldn't have to spend twenty minutes when I don't have a choice. Like shaving, for example. If I'd just do it every day, or every other day, or every third day, it wouldn't take me 20 minutes on my day off to trim off the excess shag with clippers, then thermal scrub, and finally get the Gillette to my grill. I'm too effin' lazy to spend five minutes maintaining...that's five more minutes of sleep, yo!

(And I could've and should've written this entry at 11am when I woke up, but no...I knew I'd have time when I came home from work. *Rolleyes*}

CHANGE #2: I'd be a better employee. I'm not bad, but I'm not great. I'm versatile, helpful, friendly (most of the time) and fun. But I'm not consistent. I acknowledge that. Consistently good means a happy boss, and a happy boss means a happy workplace. Which leads to...

CHANGE #3: I wish I wouldn't let things affect me. Stupid people piss me off, and there's no shortage of them trolling around this green Earth. They really bother me; I ain't playin' when I say that. I've developed a sort of skill, I like to think, that allows them to think I'm laughing with them, when inside I'm really laughing at them. I see myself honing in on that more than actually changing...at least I won't be so pissy to be around. *Wink*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Ahhh, the 90's. It was great to be alive back then. All we needed was some change.



VITAL STATS:

*Dollar* I'm a damn fool. Now I gotta call the IRS tomorrow, because I filed my federal return twice. I did it this morning using Turbo Tax, but they wanted $40 to process my state return, and that's not worth it for what I'm getting back. And Turbo Tax will e-file your return for free, but charge you $40 to prepare it. So I went on NY's tax website after I got home from work, and tried their free Turbo Tax offer, which is how I learned that their $40 preparation fee included the e-file. And if you don't e-file in NY, they penalize you $25. Still not worth it. Back to NY's tax site for their other option, which is a joint Walmart/H&R Block thing. And I hate all things Walmart, but H&R's service was totally free across the board. Got halfway through and realized I was doing my federal return, which I already transmitted through Turbo Tax. And H&R won't do your state unless you do your federal through them as well. Great. What a waste of my time, both today and tomorrow. *Angry*

*Pencil* Didn't really have time for a spell check on this...I rushed because I really wanted this entry done before midnight. I'm obsessed with having a truly "Blue Month" this time around. If you don't know what that is, look at your blog calendar on the left near the top of your blog page, WDC'ers. When you've done an entry on that given day, your blog calendar turns that day blue and provides a link to that day's entry. Good stuff. Thanks to Kåre Enga in Montana , who tipped me off to that a few years back.

Eh, that it's for tonight. Too many other things to catch up on, ya hear? Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751190-This-ones-about-some-change