*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751684-Punching-Holes-In-Saturn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#751684 added April 25, 2012 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
Punching Holes In Saturn
My morning review of the news wires via the internet reveal a cache of the insipid headlines...from "something mysterious punching holes in Saturn's rings" to "the 10 most beautiful women" and yet another senseless story about Kim and Kayne. Really? How can I assume any of this fodder affects me personally. Maybe I am just giving in to my increasing foul mood, but most of it seems like a colossal waste of space. I'm far too concerned about getting through to next month financially and mentally to care about cosmic mysterious or the love and lifestyles of the rich and famous. I've actually resorted to listening to public radio which, apart from the hours of tedious droning on, at least provides the occasional story with some cultural or social relevance far enough out of the mainstream to be entertaining. There is just so much noise in my life right now, an ever deafening soundtrack to accompany my growing disillusionment and frustration levels. At some point, I really fear that I might suddenly scream, "Fuck it" at the top of my lungs and just uproot the family for a destination unknown, the only requirement being that it be a locale as far away from this one as humanly possible...and palm trees, there would have to be palm trees.

© Copyright 2012 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751684-Punching-Holes-In-Saturn