*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752410-May-6---Another-Long-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#752410 added May 6, 2012 at 8:24pm
Restrictions: None
May 6 - Another Long Day
Usually, my days are not long enough, but with Jim in the hospital, they are being stretched a little. He is lonesome and likes for me to visit several hours each day so I leave here about 10 each morning and return home around 6, sometimes making for a long, tiring day.

Today, I had a little bit of a change. I left the hospital at 2 to visit his sister-in-law. She just had a skin cancer removed under her left eye and needed a good bandage for a few days, better than the sticky gauze her doctor had given her. I took her some of Jim's extra Mepilex Border pads that are excellent for that along with some other things I thought might come in handy. Then I decided to stop and get a New York style cheesecake I knew she liked. The expression on her face when I unpackaged everything was worth a million "thank yous".

Her husband, Jim's brother, passed away in 1987 from colon cancer. Thay have really good children who all live close by and take good care of her, but when I talked to her Saturday morning, she sounded a little down and lonely, and Jim didn't mind the "sharing".

I had intended to come home from Juanita's but coming back I started to think how lonely Jim would be at suppertime, so I stopped at the golden arches and picked up a plain sundae (his favorite) and made it back to the hospital just after he had eaten. He still had room for the ice cream and told me about ten times how glad he was that I had come back.

So I got home a little later than usual today, but my day was long in a good way....

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752410-May-6---Another-Long-Day