*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753155-This-ones-about-somewhere-some-when
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#753155 added May 19, 2012 at 7:29pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about somewhere, some when.
THE PROMPT: "Snow ~ Somewhere ... Some when ...

Good evening from the sunny suburbs of Buffalo, friends, where the ol' mercury topped out at around 80 today. Word on the street is that tomorrow's gonna be even better. Add a day off to that equation, and my Italian skin might get a little darker. You can take that to the bank.

I'm a little pissed. I had an entry all set to go, opened another tab, and totally accidently closed the tab I was writing in. Totally lost an entry. So this is now what it's gonna be like to try and recreate it.

We've been graced by Prosperous Snow celebrating with a beautifully poetic entry. And I gotta tell you...ain't no toppin' that, and that's my word. I went all mock-lounge lyrically last night, and I'm not sure I can do it again. But I am intrigued my the thought that the prompt could make an awesome title for a poem, although my head doesn't want my heart to push my hands in that direction at this time.

But I've been feeling fanciful lately. It's springtime in full e-f-f-e-c-t, yo, and it's almost my favorite time of the year. The weather's nice. Everything renews. Growth of all kinds start to occur. It's almost romantic in a way.

Ah, the hell with it. Let's do one for the lovers out there. This time, with feeling.

Somewhere Some When

Somewhere there you are.
Someplace where you stay.
When the sun's upon you
it chases the clouds away.

Somewhere there I am.
Someplace I remain.
I fill myself with hope
when the world starts to rain.

Somewhere there you are.
Someplace far from here.
When the whens become then,
we'll watch somewhere disappear.

Somewhere there I am.
Someplace far from there.
When the whens become then,
we'll be someplace we can both call here.


And with that said, I won't put my poetry against anyone else's. But of all the things I've written in the blog arena, this might be port-worthy. And the original is slighty better...but it's lost forever in cyber-purgatory. If anyone sees it, hit me up.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

If there's ever been a week to live for, I'll take this one.



VITAL STATS:

*Cart* Walking around at work is become physically exhausting. And that's what I did all day, while counting things. I got caught up on all my weekly counts. I feel accomplished, but I haven't gotten used to the feeling of being drained at the end of my shift. Not leaving directly after doesn't help either, but at least I didn't need to lay down and psuedo-nap, although I probably could've.

*Flowerr* Might tackle the weeding tomorrow. We'll see. I have the motivation...if I sleep long enough, I'll be able to do it for as long as the blood pressure meds let me. And let's hope I don't pass out in the sun. That's what we like to refer to around these here parts as "not a win-win situation".

Ok, well, I'm gonna try to move on from this for the evening, tuck my dissatisfaction with myself in my back pocket for accidently closing out this tab when I was practically done and foolishly didn't copy/paste, and see what's going on out there, both around me and not. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753155-This-ones-about-somewhere-some-when