*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753940-Stuff
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Raine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1827494
Just a spot for random musings. No one ever accused me of being a conscientious blogger.
#753940 added June 1, 2012 at 8:53pm
Restrictions: None
Stuff
It's been two months since I blogged last. You can tell life has been busy and inspiration short. Not that anyone here wants to hear about inventory or the mis-management of the store I work for. There's a club for people dissatisfied with their job. They're called "everyone". They meet every night and most lunch hours to vent to one another about their woes. I really don't intend to be president of the club.





My grandson's 2nd birthday is coming in a few weeks so a bit of planning for that since I"m the one with the big back yard. House to clean, presents to wrap and the like. It should be loads of fun just like last year, just a bit of work to get there.





On the writing front, I'm still working slowly on the last book in the Pantheon series. I've decided it's good to have a hubby I can ask for advise on the layout of military compounds, security issues and the like and he doesn't bat an eyelash. He's talked me through the logistics so now it's up to me. The details are a bit sketchy in my head for the moment but they'll get there.





My short vampire/werewolf short story was contracted by Bluewood Publishing and is now titled "How does your garden grow?" Yes, the title is tongue in cheek since the MC has a vampire in her garden, but my daughter, who has done most of my cover art, is working up something involving a fountain, wolf eyes and a dead hand coming up out of the dirt. It's going to look like she's growing dead people, lol





One interesting thing happend this month, though. One of my co-workers has now read everything I've written that is out there. She's bought most of them and borrowed the first two from me. Her vote? She likes my fantasy best. The sci-fi is good. The romance is good. But the fantasy rocks. Given that I love fantasy and always have, it leaves me wondering if I haven't strayed too far from what I do best. She's not the only one to say that, either. I have to admit, creating worlds and playing with magic is more fun than trying to figure out military manuevers and explaining technology I haven't the mechanical background to explain. I can only milk my friends' brains so often.





So, pure fantasy or fantasy romance? The sad thing is I have several futuristic type romances in my head and two of them started. Mageborn might just be in the queue to be next...

© Copyright 2012 Raine (UN: crystalraine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753940-Stuff