*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754118-Oh-no
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#754118 added June 4, 2012 at 1:19pm
Restrictions: None
Oh no....
I'm sure there are plenty of you out there who have had the same heart dropping sensation when that much dreaded "virus detected" message comes on your screen from your security software. Last Thursday I started getting virus alerts while surfing the web as I normally do...virus detected, threat blocked, file infected...ugh! Then they started coming more frequently...then I started getting shut down...yikes....what did I do.? Nothing new that I could think of. My AVG software gave me the names of the files involved and it seemed to me they were all associated somehow with Internet Explorer.

I have another email account through Google (gmail) and have had Google Chrome installed on my computer for sometime now, but never actually used it. So I decided to try it and see what happened. It is working perfectly and is what I have wdc loaded with right now. I 've received no more "threat messages" so far, but I do have my computer person coming later this week to check it out. Microsoft seems to be a threat target of all hackers. Maybe they will think Chrome is too small potatoes to fool with *Smile*.

It is super duper hot here...in the mid nineties this week with some rain expected Wednesday. We got tons of rain from the fringes of Beryl, and my grass has finally turned a brilliant green. The downside is that it needs mowing more often but that is okay with me. Riding the mower is my "meditation time". What else can you do while mowing. Haven't run into any trees yet! Even though it's hot, I love summertime. Did anyone see the partial eclipse early this morning? The moon was really full and bright last night. I wonder why just looking at things like that make us feel so good? Good old nature for a soul and mind booster...you just can't beat it. I guess it puts our problems into the right perspective. I always feel my best when I'm outside no matter the weather.

My Zen Cat Calendar saying for the month of June is...."The flowers of peace are found in the gentle heart."...Honshin. I don't know why but Jimmy Carter came to mind when I read this.....

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754118-Oh-no