*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754568-Sams-in-Time--Out-ID-1705199
by Amay
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1872712
A nice place to collect my flash fiction entries.
#754568 added June 10, 2012 at 7:06pm
Restrictions: None
Sam's in Time- Out (ID #1705199)
Sam’s in Time-Out

Hi, my name is Sam. I’m four years old, and you know, I’m confused. Maybe you can help me figure out what is going on….

My Mommy, she is pretty. She’s always looking in the mirror. She sprays foamy stuff on her hands and rubs it on her head. It smells good but it makes her hair hard. After that, she puts this goop on. It’s thick and white. It looks and smells like strawberry yogurt, without the lumps. Don’t taste it though. It’s yucky. Anyway, she rubs that all over her face and neck. Then, there is this jar of hot pink stuff. It's the same color as my new shoes. She puts that pink goop on her face too.

She has this little bottle of brown stuff. She shakes it real hard. She puts her fingers on the top and shakes the bottle some more and she gets the brown on her fingers. Then she puts dots on her face. She has this funny shaped sponge, it looks kind of like a triangle block. She smears the dots all over her face. When she is done, you can’t see the dots anymore. Wonder where they go? Anyway, why do you put them on if they go away?

After that, she takes a lipstick, but it isn't pink. It is light brown. She doesn’t put in on her lips either. She rubs that under her eyes. Don’t you think that is weird?

Well, she has all of this colored stuff in little boxes that she puts on her eyes, and cheeks, and lips and she ends up with her favorite smell good stuff. I think she called it per… per..fume? I don’t know. I do know, it smells really good.

Here is what I’m confused about. After she does all of that stuff. Daddy always tells her she is so beautiful. He says the same thing every day. So…..I got this idea. I wanted my Daddy to think I was beautiful too. So…. after my Mommy went downstairs, I went into her bathroom.

I squirted the foamy stuff on my hands, and then smashed it onto my head. It stayed there. I guess that was right. I picked up the thing Mommy pulls through her hair, but it didn’t make my hair straight. It felt like it was ripping my hair out! It hurt, bad! I decided I would keep my curly hair, curly. The foamy stuff was starting to disappear anyway.

I got the gloppy yogurt stuff, opened the jar, it smelled good. I dug my fingers in and scooped up a big handful. I rubbed it all over my face, some of it got into my hair. Some of it got in my mouth. That’s how I know it tastes yucky. Anyway, I rubbed it on my neck there was still a lot left, so I rubbed the rest of it on the blue towel.

I got the pink stuff. It felt really slimy when I touched it. I tried to turn on the water to wash my hands, but my fingers couldn’t get hold of the knobs. They just kept sliding off. So I wiped my fingers on the counter.

I had to climb up on the counter to reach the rest of Mommy’s stuff. I picked up the brown lipstick first. It was just like using my crayons. I drew under my eyes, just like Mommy did. I picked up her big fluffy brush and opened the pink powder stuff Mommy brushes on her face. It was just like painting. I scrubbed the brush into the powder and then scrubbed it on my cheeks. I sneezed and powder flew all over the mirror and down in the sink. It didn’t matter, I was getting beautiful, just like my Mommy. I got the reddest lipstick Mommy had because Daddy’s favorite color is red. I rubbed it all over my lips, two times, and then I rubbed it with the toilet paper, just like Mommy does.

I saw the little bottle of perfume on the shelf. If I was careful, I knew I could reach it. I stood up on the counter, and reached all the way to the top shelf to get the little blue bottle. Mommy really likes this stuff. I pulled out the top, some of it splashed on my shirt. I poured a little in my hands and put it behind both of my ears, just like Mommy does.

I heard the front door open and Daddy tell Mommy she was beautiful. I couldn’t wait to hear him tell me, I was beautiful too. I ran out of the bathroom, to the top of the stairs, but Daddy didn’t say I was beautiful. He said. “Son, what on earth happened to you?” Mommy didn’t look to beautiful, she looked really mad.

So here I am, stuck in my room after having a very hot, lot of scrubbing bath, Daddy keeps shaking his head, mutterin’ and I don’t know why I’m in such big trouble.

Amay/ kph

9/6/10
© Copyright 2012 Amay (UN: amay5prm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754568-Sams-in-Time--Out-ID-1705199