*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757246-I-got-to-see-the-president-when-she-visited
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#757246 added July 25, 2012 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
I got to see the president when she visited...
...and I got to speak with the mayor of San Jose who may be the next president.

ME:

In Nicoya. Perez will seem cool after this visit. Quite warm and humid. No rain. Which for this special day is ...special.

Me? Okay. Can't complain when I'm paying $8 for a room. And the place has internet! But room isn't very comfortable. The highest priced room is about $38.

Health? What's that? Wealth? You are kidding... right?

Bombs away?

5 am ...cannon shots ...I hope. And I hope there aren't more in the morning.

Dia de Guanacaste

When Nicoya (now known as Guanacaste) signed the annexation agreement in the park across the street ...back in 1824 ...most of it became part of Costa Rica. So the 25th of July is very important.

The proprietress of Hotel Venecia went to the same school ...so she went up and chatted with the president. I was also introduced to the mayor of San Jose. Interesting events I was not expecting.

Not thrilled how the horse parade went. Traffic was not respectful. In general everything was chaotic and few police. Plenty of police when the president was here though. Now we have dueling music ...well, a continuation ...all day long.

Plus ...another surprise: fireworks, the church is lit up, a parade just went by.

8:45 pm and the day just keeps going on and on.
32.147

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757246-I-got-to-see-the-president-when-she-visited