*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757648-Never-Ending-Vacation
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #1883076
My first blog attempt - don't laugh. Unless it's funny, then please, please laugh!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#757648 added August 1, 2012 at 11:02pm
Restrictions: None
Never-Ending Vacation
"Describe an unusual/weird dream that you have had recently."

I have a frequent stress dream; I dream that I am on vacation on a tropical island with friends from work in a rental house, and on the day of departure I find that I cannot pack up all my luggage because it has grown to encompass all of my belongings - books, clothes, electronics, a blender, coffee maker, magazines, shoes.  I stop trying eventually, faced as I am with a mountain of possessions and only one green duffle bag, and end up staying for another day, and then another, racking up rental charges that I know I can't afford.

Last week the dream changed, which I took as a good sign.  I made it to the airport by six am and parked my car in a narrow spiral parking garage.  I rushed to the gate with my huge mound of luggage and found that I had missed the plane.  There was a plane out every morning at 6:30 am, so I chose to sleep in the airport instead of trying to go back to the (expensive) house and risk unloading my stuff.

The next morning I made it onto the plane which was shaped like an aircraft carrier.  As we lifted into the air with all of the passengers standing on the top deck of the plane the captain announced that we were flying to China.

I'm not sure what it all means, but I have become a much lighter packer!



© Copyright 2012 Lisa Katya (UN: lisakatya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lisa Katya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757648-Never-Ending-Vacation