*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758473-Aug-12th--reflect
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #1883076
My first blog attempt - don't laugh. Unless it's funny, then please, please laugh!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#758473 added August 12, 2012 at 11:46pm
Restrictions: None
Aug 12th reflect
Ah, Sunday.  I’ve been painting the kitchen and that is weirder than I thought it would be.  I was very used to the yellow color it was, even with all the spatters and marks on it.  Now I’m walking in and out of a stranger’s kitchen, and I’m wondering if anyone else in the world finds semi-gloss to be the freakiest thing ever.  It’s so shiny!

My business partner is out of town, my kitchen manager quit, and we just replaced the general manager at our second location…

Our kitchen manager, who calls himself Fish is quitting his job to be a cable installer.  That’s just how difficult a job it is to be a kitchen manger, it is better to drive to stranger’s houses,  knock on the door, and rummage around in their stuff than it is to run a kitchen.  He lives with a woman who tried to remove her own tonsils with a pair of scissors and a spoon, and her two children who may be his children too, but no one seems to know. Not even Fish. 

I feel overwhelmed and that makes me want to go to the yarn store and start a new crochet pattern.  That is my favorite nesting activity.  My sister is having a baby soon, and I want to make things I don’t have the skills for.

School starts on Wednesday for our area, and I’ve been trying to talk my kid into going shopping, but she hates shopping.  She needs clothes, school supplies, a back pack, shoes, but won’t go with me…

I am writing in a wonderful place called The Book Exchange and Champagne Bar.  I am surrounded by books from floor to ceiling, and it is wonderful…  I thought I would be intimidated by the vast number of books out there, but instead I am a little depressed that there are so many books in general.  Books I am never going to read, nor do I want to read them.

I was completely derailed by yesterday’s prompt.  I got so wrapped up in what future imperfect would be if we had that in English, and there is a future imperfect in Spanish, it seem to mean something that happens in the future, or will happen, or might happen, but when and if it does then it will keep happening for an undisclosed amount of time.  I didn’t even attempt to find personal meaning..yet.



© Copyright 2012 Lisa Katya (UN: lisakatya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lisa Katya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758473-Aug-12th--reflect