*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758610-Late-on-this-one-Lima-Ohio
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#758610 added December 14, 2012 at 9:07am
Restrictions: None
Late on this one, Lima Ohio
         The week of July 30th found me driving to Lima, Ohio.  That's pronounce L-eye-ma, like Lima Beans.  No idea why, when it's L-eee-ma (Lima) Peru.  *Smile*  Was a nice week, but I had some personal issues going on that made the week a bit more stressful.  Friday before I left, I heard a 'bad' noise coming from my car when I stopped and had the clutch in.  Didn't take a mechanic to tell me I needed to have that replaced, heard a noise similar to that many times before when I drove stick shifts.  So I called Pep Boys and got a quote of $750, and decided to go for it.  Now understand, I drive a 2002 Hyundai Sonata, and only paid $2000 for it, so this was a lot to put into a car that I paid so little for.  Pep Boys called me Monday afternoon and said that they wouldn't be able to turn the flywheel since this car has a 2 piece flywheel.  I had told them that if the flywheel was bad to call me, I sure didn't want to spend an additional $2500 for a new one!  Yes that's right, Hyundai had it priced that high.  Tuesday morning I was called again, and was told that  the noise wasn't the Throw-out bearing that we all thought it was.  The two piece flywheel had fallen apart.  Luckily, one of my students overheard things, and looked it up on line.  He found a kit to convert it from a 2 piece to a single piece flywheel for $750.  Long story short, Pep Boys went out of their way, used a corporate credit card to make the purchase, and repaired my car.  I paid more than I wanted, but now it's in good shape for my son, so I can get my Santa Fe back.  *Smile*

         Lima is a decent small town but there's not a lot going on there.  I did manage to find a good Sushi place (Yamato Steakhouse), and once again enjoyed myself, TWICE!  Not sure what else to say, other than I think the series of vampire movies supposedly takes place there.

** Image ID #1840790 Unavailable **


Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2012 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758610-Late-on-this-one-Lima-Ohio