*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759647-Kicking-the-Can-down-the-Road-2
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#759647 added August 30, 2012 at 8:39am
Restrictions: None
Kicking the Can down the Road 2
Kicking the Can Down the Road

Yesterday we went to Shopko and I got a new pair of bifocal safety glasses. The ones I had pitted from the grinder shaping sheet-metal. These new ones sure make a difference.

I chuckle when I hear the President chide the VP hopeful about budgetary matters… Can you believe someone who didn’t get a budget passed in four years criticizing someone who is a congressional leader in fiscal policy? This same President whose budget didn’t get a single Republican or Democratic vote! Sorry, I have made a vow to quit listening to all the political rhetoric since I have already made up my mind how to vote.

In the car Linda had a song cycling around in her head and asked me if I ever experience that sort of thing. I told her I did… mostly church hymens. Then she asked if the voice was the recording artist or my own. Surprisingly, I had trouble answering that question… it isn’t me and it isn’t a recording artist… it is just someone singing the tune… over and over again. Do you suppose it’s my muse?

When I crashed my styrofoam RC airplane model it fractured into four pieces. Most would have thrown up their hands and ordered a replacement fuselage. Since I like to fix things however, I elected to repair it. To begin the process I salami sliced out all the crushed and torn parts. Then I used the cross sections to make plywood templates and cut out new foam pieces from the shipping foam box it came in. Then I epoxied it back together and voila… just like new. It took a while but the end result was satisfactory enough. All the electronic components came through the mishap in pretty good shape. Tonight I will take it to the flying field and try again.

Every winter we have an ice storm and lose power. Tree limbs crack off and come crashing down on the lines. Well I guess the power company finally had enough and they are burying the cable. Anyway they have these huge blaze orange signs outside saying “Men Working.” When Honey (our golden doodle) went outside this morning she took one look at one out front and set up a howl. She won’t go outside and is lying close on the bed so the “monster” in the front yard won’t get her.

I haven’t reported lately on my weight loss efforts… not that anyone really cares. Suffice it to say that Linda and I have made a slow and steady progress losing about twenty pounds in the last six months. If we can continue that we will be at our weight goal by next summer. Neither of us ever had to watch our weight until we reached our fifties and then there was a slow creep upwards. Now we question everything that goes into our mouths and find that to be a key to losing weight.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759647-Kicking-the-Can-down-the-Road-2