*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761149-Another-play
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#761149 added September 20, 2012 at 4:47pm
Restrictions: None
Another play....
I went to a play last Sunday afternoon, Arthur Miller's All My Sons. It was at our local Community Playhouse, and it was a very enjoyable experience. I never did get to the Hippodrome to see Other Desert Cities. My granddaughter had car trouble and didn't get to come visit for Labor Day weekend as planned. I was down in the dumps and didn't feel like going alone.

But last Sunday, I made up my mind and did it...alone, and I am glad I did. I bought my ticket early so it would be harder to back out. Some of the actors were old hands, some have even studied acting, but the young boy (a seventh grader) who played Bert made his debut appearance. I thought he was excellent. The play lasted 2 1/2 hours with just a 15 minute intermission. I was astounded the actors could remember so many lines. Although I am far from an experienced critic, I gave everyone an A+.

After the play was over, we exited the theater to find all the actors waiting for us in the lobby area...just a wonderful experience all around.

This Sunday there is a meeting of our local writers' group at my library. According to their website, the speaker is Debora Coty, a mostly YA author. She will be speaking on "The Winning Pitch". I've never been to one before, but I do seem to be capable of some firsts...maybe this one, too.

While checking out the "Flash" this morning, I reviewed this winning entry, "Invalid Item. If you need a quick laugh, take a peek. You won't be sorry.

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761149-Another-play