*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762146-Keeping-the-ball-rolling
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#762146 added October 5, 2012 at 11:53pm
Restrictions: None
Keeping the ball rolling....
The library shift went well. I'm still shelving music cds and children's dvds and tapes. It's a never ending process as things are always being returned. I did not realize I would like working in the children's section so much. They are so cute, begging for more books and movies. Isn't that wonderful We are so lucky to have nice free public libraries.

Also , my supervisor asked if I would be interested in working at the Friends of the Library Book Sale later this month. I have already signed up for a couple of three-hour shifts. I'm sure it will feel strange being on the "other side" after going to so many sales in the past. Strange but good.

I had a lengthy chat with my new neighbor this afternoon. She has two labs, a younger yellow one and an older and very hefty chocolate one. I initiated the encounter when I was busy in the garage and heard someone say, "Come on, Moose." I looked over to see Jenna and her chocolate lab getting ready to go to the local dog park so I had to tell her how I had written a story about a dog named Moose. Anyway, we had a nice chat. She is a single professional lady, as advertised by my previous neighbor from whom she is renting. She sells yard ornaments online, flying birds of Florida, sandhill cranes, egrets, blue heron, storks, to name a few. They are very artsy. She moved here from Jax, and we plan to go together to a local eatery soon. She's younger than me, but maybe I won't bore her too much. She was very interesting and friendly.

At our Woolgatherer's Meeting last Thursday night someone mentioned Jane of Lantern Hill. It stuck in my brain for some reason so tonight I looked it up and found out why...L.M. Montgomery. Here's a free copy, http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200881h.html I read half of it just before I posted this. I think I am just a youngster at heart. That's okay....

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762146-Keeping-the-ball-rolling