*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762704-I-missed-another-political-debate-last-night
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#762704 added October 12, 2012 at 2:53pm
Restrictions: None
I missed another political debate last night
I missed another political debate last night. I had planned to watch it, just like I planned to watched the last one, but then I got involved, which is what happened during the last debate, and forgot about turning on the television. I don't know whether I missed anything or not. I could have watched a replay of it today on CNN at 9:00 AM Pacific Time, but again I got involved with something else and did not turn on the television. I think the only way I'm going to watch a debate is either resit my phone alarm to the debate time or leave the television on the channel that is showing the debate.

I'm not sure that I missed that much. I just finished checking my cox.net e-mail and deleted several updates, all political in nature, from one of my brother's that I found offensive. I will be glad when the election is over because there will be fewer "update" that I find offensive. At least, I hope that will be the case. It does not good to tell this brother that I find some of his political views offensive because he thinks he is right and the rest of the family is going to hell. The only thing I can do is pray for him.

I don't know what he thinks about the prayers I say for him. I haven't asked and I don't intend to ask. I learned a long time ago that it does no good to argue or even talk logically to someone who thinks they are right and everyone else is wrong and going to hell because it is easier to make a silk purse out of a sows ear then to convince someone the need to have an open mind. I handle the situation by deleting the text and e-mail I find offensive and then say a prayer. That is the way I handle it. Now that I have vented, deleted the e-mails, and the text messages I feel better.

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762704-I-missed-another-political-debate-last-night