*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764277-Quick-Blurb--Scared-Child
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#764277 added October 28, 2012 at 5:22pm
Restrictions: None
Quick Blurb: Scared Child
On Friday, I posted snippets of my writing to my various social networking sites. As I ran out of things from previously written stories that I wanted to share, I started making up new blurbs on the spot. I've found that it's actually helped get the creative processes going and I've added new material to my current book project as a result. As such, I've decided to keep up the process and will even start posting some -- hopefully one per day -- to this blog. The following is the first such blurb.

He crept down the poorly lit hallway, hugging Mr. Floppy tightly to his chest. His eyes darted around, spotting every moving shadow. He wished the howling sound the wind was making would die down. He almost jumped when the neighbor’s dog barked at some unseen threat. He tightened his grip on the stuffed animal and continued to inch forward. Safety was mere feet away from him. He glanced around the room beyond the doorway before tiptoeing inside and crossing to the bed. He reached up and nudged the snoring figure in the bed. The figure snorted once and the little by called said in a near-whisper, “Daddy, I’m scared.”

JarredH

Our tears remind us that we're alive. Our laughter reminds us why.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764277-Quick-Blurb--Scared-Child