*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765164-Timothy-Ch-19
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1901279
My 2012 NaNoWriMo project
#765164 added November 7, 2012 at 3:05am
Restrictions: None
Timothy (Ch 19)
Chapter Nineteen


Timothy


         The phone rings this morning. I turn over hoping to answer the call before it wakes Mom. “Hello, My Name is Timothy.”


         I listened while he explained that he was worried about Rose. He was supposed to have received his generator back two weeks ago. “I am in need of it. She can use it until I contact her when I need it. I am worried about her. I have not seen her since. She has not even come in for work.”


         I tell him where she is. He understood that she was head strong, and that patience is all that he could do for now.


         He asks for directions to our old house. I explained that it was not a good idea for him to make a journey there. I informed him that the road was impassable for the most part. “Don't worry about that.” He replies. “I can get anywhere I need to.”


         When we hung up, I knew that he was going to check on Rose. Wonder how that would turn out.


         #


         Timothy pulls into the actual yard. Rose is attempting to tire the roof. “Girl who do you think you are?” He scolds. “You have everyone worried to death. I had to get out the big toy just to check on you.” He laughs as he get out of a big green John Deer tractor.


         Rose climbs down from the roof. Her face bright red from the sun. She wore cut off genes, tee shirt tied between her breasts, and work boots. Her bleached blond hair pulled back in a pony tail that was slowly falling down around her shoulders.


         Timothy has a secret crush on Rose. The image of her looking like a country girl was a big turn on. He walks over to help her off the last step. He gently scratches a piece of dried tire off her face. “Why is this so important for you?”


         “This was my home until we left. Now it is my dad's home, and they took him a way from it. I have to have it livable or he will never call it home again.”


         “Does your dad own the property?” he asks.


         “No” She explains, “I paid up the rent that he was behind.”


         “Aren't you worried about fixing up a place for someone else?”


         “All that matters is that Dad is where he can be happy.”


         She takes him on a tour of the house. From room to room there were projects begun that had not been finished. “It is really hard to get it ready, but I know that I can do this.”


         “I tell you what.” Timothy smiles. “I will be back tomorrow or the next day.”


         “Could you do me a big favor?”


         “Rose you know that I will do all that I can for you and yours.” He said as they walked back to his tractor.


         “Call Bob and tell him that I am doing OK.” She looks away in shame that she has been a way from her family so long. “Let the children know that Mommy loves them.”


         “No prob.” He says. She walks back to the roof. She watches the tractor slowly make its way back up the road.


         The next day Timothy was not the first people to show up at the old house. There was a train of All Terrain Vehicles. She counted four sitting on the lawn as she exits the front door. When she walks out, she saw two tractors. There was also a bull dozier. Twelve men walk toward her. “Are you Rose?”


         “Timothy said that you could use some help.” He said smiling.


         “I was not informed that he was sending me any hands.” Rose was saying as she caught a glimpse of Timothy's John Deer.


         Timothy walks toward her with papers in his hands. “Hey guys,” He dresses the men. “Are you ready to do some real work?”


         Rose still stunned by the scene. Waits in her tracks for some kind of explanation of what was going on. He hands Rose the folder. She opens it while he give the orders on what needed to be done. He assigned a team of four men in the house to remodel it. Two men started to examine the plumbing. Three was sent to the roof. The last three were to go out to landscape the long dangerous road. That would be the next project that they would need to tackle.


         “Timothy!” Rose could not believe what she was reading. “Why did you do this?” She had tears in her eyes. In the folder was a receipt for city water, electric, and they had a thousand dollar balance on both. Then the last sheet of paper almost caused my sister's knees to buckle. It was the title to the house.


         “You should get the deed in the mail in three weeks or so.” He said with a touch of humility. “ I got it for a deal. Mr. Preston said that John loves the place and he did not want the property to go to the state when he died. Then we made a great deal.”


         That day the house was transforming quickly. The roof was finished. The men who inspected the plumbing fixed what they could. They created a list of things that they would need. The workers inside the house gutted the old drywall and replaced it with walls that was energy saving. They had measured the house for new windows and doors. They had thrown out the coal stove, all kitchen cabinets, and all floor coverings. The men working on the road had cut all the brush five feet on both sides of the road. One would be able to see the graveyards straight through.


         Timothy calls all the men to his truck. There they made plans to meet at a local restaurant to plan the work for the next day. He walks back to the house. “Rose, we are all going out to eat.” He looks at her pleadingly. “You need to come with us.”


         “I need to stay here with the house. Wouldn't want it to get vandalized with all the work that we have done.” She tried to protest.


         “You need to spend time with your family tonight.” He answers. “We will meet her at nine o'clock.


         Reluctantly agrees to the time with her family. After all, it had been almost a month since she had seen her family. She gets on the pink ATV. She admires the change in the house and road as she follows the men up the hill.


         Bob did not wake Rose when the kids went to school or when he left for work. He knew that she would need all her sleep to finish the project that she had taken on. However, he did leave her a note.


         “Rose, we miss you.”


         A tear fell on to the words as she read them. She missed her family so much, but this was something she had to do. Tucking the note into her bra, she jumps into the truck with the cooler of food that was enough for an army. Then away she went.


         When she arrived at the top of the hill, she was surprised to wait. Timothy had  his men to scatter gravel from a dump truck over the road ahead. She finally was able to drive some what smoothly in her truck and all down the once impassible road.


         When arriving at the house, there were piles of pipes near the back door. Two men was using some kind of automated paint sprayer on the sides of the house. There were holes where windows used to be. She looks at her watch. How long had she been at the top of the hill before she arrived at the house. 12:45. They had so much done in three plus hours.


         She looked around. She could not have done any of this without the help of Timothy. She looked around until her eyes found him. His shirt was tied around his waste. His torso was white compared to his face. “You know I haven't seen this man out side at all. It seemed that he lives in his office.” Which brought a question to her mind. Who did he trust enough to run the business? His arms flexing under the weight of the hammer in his hands. Sweat glistened off his forehead. He was breaking big rocks into smaller ones to create a wall for a flower garden. At this point my sister had to walk away. Her mental excuse was that she was checking on the rest of the work being done. In reality, she was looking at him as she once did Bod, in hot lust.


         Seven o'clock came much too fast. It was time that the men are scheduled to leave. Something inside her wanted her to ask Timothy to stay. The men went staggering to their trucks. As each walked past Timothy, he reached them their weeks pay. This really made her admire the man even more.


         “Well, my dear, the day is over.” He walks with her to the door. She looks into his eyes. She wonders if he feels the stirring that she feels. Is he about to kiss her.


         She turns to look past him. “You don't know what all your help means to me.”


         “I am glad that I could help. You are one of my best employees.” He continued. “Faster we get this done, the faster we get you back to work.”


         Is that all? Could she have misread him so badly?


         “By the way,” Rose continued to ask, “Who is taking care of the work placement business?”


         “Business is slow. I asked my sister to handle the office, and her husband is in charge of directing the men out to their jobs.”


         “I didn't think that you liked Ted?”


         “I don't, but I figured even a monkey needs a chance.” He laughs.


         He looks at her. “I think that I will spend the night in the truck here so that I can get a early start on the trim work.”


         Rose was happy to have him so close to her without the uncomfortable of what was going to happen next. Timothy said his good nights around ten that night.


         Rose went to our parents' bed where she had been sleeping since she had started on the house. The night was uneventful until she had seen Sara in the window. She had forgotten about Sara, and this made her a little frightened. She went to the truck for confront.          


         Knock. Timothy opens the door with his eyes barely opened. “Is something wrong?”


         “No,” Rose began while searching for just the right words. “I could not stop think about how much you have done for me. Yet, I allow you to sleep outside.”


         “That's OK.” Timothy says sleepily.


         “I have all these rooms in the house. I am sure that I can find you somewhere to sleep. If you don't mind old blankets.”


         Sensing that there was something she needed to talk about. He grabs his robe, and he decides to follow her into the house. Rose asked him to sleep in the same bed as she did. After they had been friends for such a long time, It would be no different than sleeping with a friend.


         He slept in the back of the bed on top of the cover. Rose slept with facing the front of the bed. That is until she fell a sleep. She turned over hand held her friend in her arms for the first time. Sometime during the night Timothy turns and holds her. Snuggled in his arms, Rose slept better than she had for years.


         The couple of friends woke up face to face with arms wrapped around each other. He opens his eyes first. He took the opportunity to kiss her on the head. “You are so beautiful.” He whispers half hoping that she heard him. She didn't he watched her sleep another five minutes or so. Her rosy sun-touched face looking as if it bright up anyone's life. Why did it have to be the life of someone else?


         “Good morning, Rose.” Timothy said in a voice that carried no message. He could not allow her to know how he really felt. He was not only her boss, she was married. Timothy's love for her could not be the bomb to destroy a family.
My words are ways to leave peices of myself behind for my children.
MY KIDS BE THE JUDGE  (ASR)
First contest I have ever done
#1554932 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help
** Image ID #1373893 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1537314 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1358605 Unavailable **
SURVEY
Open Door To Grace Prayer Hot Line  (E)
Do you want prayer? Ask for it here! All requests are confidential.
#1372909 by Marvelous Friend
** Image ID #1373983 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1373893 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1333076 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #597847 Unavailable ** The Angel Outreach Program - Click me to find out more!SP Group Signature


© Copyright 2012 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (UN: writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ida_Matilda_Wright Help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765164-Timothy-Ch-19