*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766553-Things-Im-Thankful-for
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1903082
This is my blog which I intend to use for the new group that I am joining
#766553 added November 21, 2012 at 10:06pm
Restrictions: None
Things I'm Thankful for
Oh great! Now they want a blog entry on what I'm thankful for. It's actually a good question as I sit in my office on Thanksgiving morning halfway around the world from my family in a country that does not celebrate Thanksgiving. (I'm not even sure that they know what a turkey is exactly).

Well, why not be thankful that I have this job? Too many people are out of work right now.

And be thankful for my Chinese work colleagues. They really are a friendly bunch who want me to be happy.

And be thankful that I can use "Skype" to call my family. A generation ago, someone living abroad would have had to do without that.

And you know what? I am thankful that I can access Writing.Com and participate in this blogging group. (There! I said it!)

Anything else? Well, I read the Catholic Chuch's recommended Thanksgiving day mass just now, and the gospel is the story about the ten lepers which Jesus healed and the one came back to thank him. That made me thoughtful, because I guess another thing to be thankful for is that I don't have leprosy or a host of other medical conditions.

No seriously, our health is one of the easiest things to take for granted, but it should be one of the things we value most. No matter how poor you get or how hopeless your relationships may seem, being healthy definitely makes life better.

© Copyright 2012 Weirdone-Back in the games (UN: weirdone28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Weirdone-Back in the games has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766553-Things-Im-Thankful-for