*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766875-Blog-Prompt-for-26-November-2012
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#766875 added November 26, 2012 at 8:59am
Restrictions: None
Blog Prompt for 26 November 2012
From "Blogging Circle of Friends :

If you could be any age again for one week, which would you choose?

I would love to be eighteen again, though I admit that I'd like it to last for more than a week. I started college as a freshman when I was eighteen, and I'd love to redo my college years over again. I suspect I'm a bit different than most people who would like to redo their college years. I imagine a lot of people would want to study harder, get better grades, and so on.

Not me. I want to go back and properly misspend my youth. You see, I was way too much of a goodie two shoes. And what's worse, I was sexually repressed -- totally self-inflicted (though with the encouragement of my church and social upbringing, mind you). So I'd rather go back to college and an age where I didn't have quite as many adult responsibilities to truly enjoy myself.

I'm not talking about orgies and drinking until I puke, mind you. (While I waited until I was actually 21 before I drank, I never considered myself straightedge or anything.) But it would be nice to be back at that age, fully out, and exploring my feelings and what it means to date and enjoy the company of other guys. In other words, I'd like to go back so I can learn what it means to be romantically and sexually involved with someone back when I was supposed to (or close to it) rather than in my mid-to-late twenties when I was dealing with (and learning to do so) what should've been "late teen drama" while trying to be a responsible member of the work force and paying all my bills on time. It's kind of hard to get all upset over drama and still keep the boss happy.

In some ways, going back even earlier, to my high school days, might be a good idea too. But only if I can choose a different high school than the one I originally went to. Growing up in rural PA, there was a reason to stay closeted and repressed. But that reason went away when I went to college. I just didn't realize it at the time, or at least I didn't change my choices as a result.

JarredH

Our tears remind us that we're alive. Our laughter reminds us why.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766875-Blog-Prompt-for-26-November-2012