*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767531-This-ones-about-the-limit-Part-1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#767531 added December 3, 2012 at 5:09pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the limit. Part 1.
What's up y'all? Just checkin' in for a brief spell to cause a little trouble. It's been awhile since I can say with any certainty that I've done that.

But I can say brief because I have an issue with the internet. More specifically, with those ladies at the Cortland Library where I spend my time typing this up while using their internet. *Rolleyes* This entry would've been way awesomer had I actually gotten off my ass and written it the other day in the form it was originally concieved: while signed in to WDC on a display tablet at the local Staples store. Alas, what I lack in motivation I always make up for in creativity. *Smirk*

See, I've figured out this much when I write (especially when I'm participating in the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS): a good entry takes me about an hour to write, and that's when I've got a basic idea of what I'm writing about. When I had my laptop and a ManCave, this was not a problem. It wasn't even a problem in Buffalo, where the libraries are pretty lax with their internet usage. But here? Naw man, they're way too pretty with their internet time here.

I won't get into the major differences (there's no time for that now!) but on a given day, basically they give you an hour to use the computers and that's it. It doesn't matter if you're a student typing a paper, a world famous purveyor of blogged interwebs content, or if you fall somewhere in the middle.

One hour. And that doesn't include coming up with music, adding more tidbits of my mega-entertaining life of walking around to different places in this tiny little town, liking things on Facebook, or editing. Hell, editing is something that has to come another day all by itself, unless I've been spot-on with my rambling fingers.

This, I believe, has led to a decrease not only in the quantity of my work, but the quality as well. And who suffers? You, my favorite people who read this nonsense, that's who!

Tomorrow (if time allows), I will get into the differences and details. Foolish me didn't bring his notes or his headphones or anything else to make today more enjoyable...looks like I've got something to do tomorrow! *Laugh* But for now, put on your nastypants and skip along down the streets of Cortland with me and some flaming torches...this library hasn't heard the last of me!!

MUSICAL BREAK!!

These stupid computers! Makin' ya wear earphones to listen to music! Sons'a bitches! Well, ummm, not like I wanna know what Jim Bob is bumpin' next to me, or what PeggyJane MarySueEllen across from me is falling in love with. But dammit, they should be all up on this classic jam!!



VITAL STATS:

*Books3* In a preview of tomorrow's entry, I have a new nemesis in this town (and maybe, eventually, a storyline). She's, I think, the librarian here. And she's beautiful. *Wink*

*Thumbsupr* Big thanks to Emily for the Travel MB associated with the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS for November. Pretty sweet...and congrats to her for taking over the challenge! I'm not gonna do it this month, but I will hopefully be back in 2013 to regain my righteous position as the blogger everyone loves to, ummm, feel some kind of emotion toward.

That's all I'll leave you with today folks...just a short tease for tomorrow I suppose. Off to read some newspapers, maybe grocery shop, and avoid the sweatbox of a room I sleep in for awhile. Hope everyone's well and all...peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767531-This-ones-about-the-limit-Part-1