*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767827-The-Goodfellow-Hypothesis
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#767827 added December 6, 2012 at 7:47pm
Restrictions: None
The Goodfellow Hypothesis
The Goodfellow Hypothesis

Before the Big Bang, something unique came to be on the narrow margins between too hot and too cold. This was a compromise between extremes… the nuclear furnace of a sun and the absolute zero, surrounding matter in the vast emptiness of space.

At confluences between the two, on the narrow margins where heat cooled, but not excessively, a union of the two occurred and the consequence was called life. Life became the awareness of energy and matter and evolved coming to express itself in many forms.

This state of nature went on for a long but not infinite period of time until one day, life noticed that the universe was contracting. Here to for, it had expanded, and then enjoyed a brief hiatus of equilibrium but now it was noted that the galaxies were beginning to implode moving inexorably towards a locus that had no back door. Matter was being compressed and the distance between atoms was diminishing until eventually everything was going to fuse together and cataclysmically explode.

This made life anxious because matter and energy had never discussed this phenomena (in their pontificating) and had conveniently forgotten to mention that now and again this sort of crisis occurred. Life saw this as an end-state and despaired what to do. Finally, it hit upon a scheme that offered the only viable course of action. This was to put seeds into those dimensions that were so small, and impervious… that they were capable of squeezing between the cracks and riding out the firestorm.

So it was that a program was written, characterized by a double helix and stashed away for posterity. When all hell eventually broke loose, this legacy found itself spread to the corners of the universe, in a swirl of cosmic dust and gasses. When one of these cylinders found a hospitable surrounding it unscrewed the hatch and the seed was dispersed into the host environment.

Now one component of this seed was a second tier subprogram called “Evolution,” that allowed the seed to adapt in ways that optimized its survival.

How cool was that?

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767827-The-Goodfellow-Hypothesis