*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769527-If-It-Were-Not-for-Her
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#769527 added December 27, 2012 at 2:02pm
Restrictions: None
If It Were Not for Her...
These days, when my mood seems to darken by the hour and I am reminded, almost systematically of how callous and really insincere people can be, the only thing that really lifts my spirits is my daughter. She remains to be the one truly and purely beautiful "right" thing in this whole mess of a life I'm continually appraising, modifying, adapting. Whatever happens, she is the constant. If not for her, I would surely become lost at times in my frustration, in my anger, in my dark spaces. Jaden is my reminder that God rewards our good and right choices and that I have a responsibility to remain above the fray, no matter how badly I would like to give in, let loose, give up. The person she will become will depend almost entirely on the way we choose to live our lives, on how we respect and love our friends and family, on how we treat others regardless of how we ourselves are treated. If not for her, I would not stop to remember the important virtues of honesty, loyalty, respect, compassion and forgiveness. I can not let my disappointment and disillusion invade her world at any cost.

© Copyright 2012 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769527-If-It-Were-Not-for-Her