*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770840-Jan-7-2013
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#770840 added January 8, 2013 at 12:47am
Restrictions: None
Jan 7 2013
How sad. My internet went down and I haven't been able to get on the site. 
I am doing very well on my revising. I am pleased. With no internet the work on my book is progressing. I think that I will be finished in a couple of weeks.

My parents came over to celebrate my father's 85th birthday (1/8/1928). My sister #2 (Kathy) and sister #5 (Susie) along with Susie's 3 children and my mother's brother came to my house for a small celebration. I, however, in my (drugged state. which is my only excuse)state of mind I forgot about the whole thing. I was reminded this afternoon and had to hurry and punt! We were to go to Kathy's house, my mother's request, but after I had Susie bring the ingredients over to make my heart attack hashbrowns and whipped cream fruit salad, my husband had a fit about going to my sister's because tonight was the big Orange Bowl game. 
At the last hour everyone was guilted into coming to my house (my stitches were removed today and it did hurt but not that I couldn't have sat at Kathy's house). So everyone was moderately happy.They guys got to watch the game (along with the rest of us). 
My father is a miracle. In Jan 2009 my father was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. He went through Chemo but found it didn't stop the cancer and was given 6-9 weeks to live. 3 Weeks later he was losing wt and had to be fed through a stomach pump.  He attended our annual church campmeeting and was prayed for according to the instructions in the Bible. I think about 3 times.  He and mom went back to their home on the Oregon Coast along with my niece who cooked for them.  By the end of the 2nd week at home he was stealing bits of food from my mother's plate and said it didn't hurt very much when he swallowed them.  At the beginning of August he ate a weiner and hamburger patty with the trimmings (no bun) and potato salad.  At the end of August we had a party celebrating mom and dad's 60th wedding anniversary.  He ate salad and bits of food here and there. He was gaining weight and passed the 6 weeks with the doctor still skeptical.  9weeks then 12 weeks passed. In Dec 2009 they gave him another MRI and found the cancer gone with little or no trace of it. His lymph nodes which had been doubling in size were now normal. This wasn't due to the Chemo. This was a miracle. He was 81 now he is 85. Age is catching up but he still drives the 2 hours from the coast to Portland for doctors appointments for he and mom and for special occasions. I see that them growing old and life changing and I don't know what the near future will be, but I do know that my father's life stands as a guide, a ruler, a standard and a memorial of what it means to walk close to God, to trust Him and know Him in a personal way.
This is not the only time I have seen God work in our family and in our situations through the years, but as I see my father and my mother (turns 85 in March) pass each month, they are steps closer to our reward, heaven. They will see my sister and others who have passed to their reward and that promise is what keeps me wanting to live my life in the same steps as my parents.
I am going to be better at keeping up with this journal in the days to come.

             

© Copyright 2013 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770840-Jan-7-2013