*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771555-Morning-thoughts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#771555 added January 14, 2013 at 9:06am
Restrictions: None
Morning thoughts...
I am enjoying Downton Abbey and last night was one more great episode of year three. PBS has another good program on Tuesday nights called The Abolitionists. It began on the 8th and will have more on the 15th and the 22nd. Thank heavens for PBS!

I have signed up for a "Memoir Workshop" class at my library starting on February 26th. Back in December it sounded like a good idea but the closer it gets the colder my feet get. I checked out a copy of the workbook they will be using which I probably should not have done...gets pretty personal. I know if I go it will help...just have to keep thinking that way.

I ran across an interesting writing tool (some may call it that) a few weeks back. While many of you already know about it, it was news to me. It's called the Gunning Fog Index and here is the link, http://gunning-fog-index.com/index.html I clicked in samples from a few of my stories and realized that down-home easy style reviewers say I have is spot on. Maybe I should investigate children's books further *Confused*....or use a dictionary more!

If you'd like to read a new author's first book, this is a good one - All different Kinds of Free by Jessica McCann (historical fiction).

I watched most of the Denver/Ravens game Saturday night and it was a thriller....go, Ravens!

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771555-Morning-thoughts