*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777054-Funny-Friday-and-Fairytale-Endings
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#777054 added March 8, 2013 at 10:42am
Restrictions: None
Funny Friday and Fairytale Endings
The March 8, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Have you read or written anything funny on writing.com lately?
Share a link and tell us what about the storytelling stuck you as particularly innovative or hysterical.
Why should we read/review it? (This is a time to brag or to promote someone else’s work *Smile* )

So far in the past week I have read two items that made me laugh. The first is "Five Random Tidbits"   [E] by Steve Jebson Review of "Five Random Tidbits" and the second "Invalid Item"   [] by A Guest Visitor Review of "The Penguins Dropped By " . I began laughing with first item, 1. Me and science are like oil and water. Which means I have no idea what that means., on the Five Random Tidbits list and did not stop until after I completed the review. I had trouble completing the review because it is difficult, at least for me, to laugh and type at the same time. The same thing happened when I read The Penguins Dropped By; however, I am not sure which stanza I found funniest because all of the stanzas made me laugh or smile.

In the past three weeks, I have written two funny or amusing items "Mudd's Spud [E] and "The Perfect Dinner [13+]. I think the funniest of the two items is Mudd's Spud, which I wrote for the "Star Trek Poetry CONTEST . I wrote the other poem The Perfect Dinner for another contest. I enjoyed writing both poems, but I still laugh every time I think of Mudd's Spud.

The March 8, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Describe your favorite fairytale, myth or legend from your childhood, and discuss why it’s your favorite
and how it has influenced your beliefs and morals throughout your life so far.

I grew up in the age of television and movies. My mother or my grandmother read fairy tales to my siblings and I, but we also watched cartoons and Disney animated features. Some of the animated features and cartoons were take off on the fairy tales; therefore, sometimes I remember or confuse things that were in the cartoons or Disney features which were not in the original fairy tales.

What was my favorite fairytale? I am not sure I had a favorite fairytale. I liked Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and Cinderella. If they had any influence on me then it was awakening my interest in fantasy and science fiction. I am not sure I ever believed that anyone could live happily ever after in the material world. All though if any couple came close to the living happily ever after in this world, it was my grandparents.

The prince kissed Beauty
waking her to love at first sight.
Did they really live happily ever after?

Thought of the Day: “Fairy Tales always have a happy ending.' That depends... on whether you are Rumpelstiltskin or the Queen.” ― Jane Yolen, Briar Rose

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777054-Funny-Friday-and-Fairytale-Endings