*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780257-Progress-at-last
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Raine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1827494
Just a spot for random musings. No one ever accused me of being a conscientious blogger.
#780257 added April 10, 2013 at 9:07pm
Restrictions: None
Progress at last
One good thing about reaching the part of the story where we are officially building toward the climax is that the writing speeds up. It took three weeks to get a chapter done, ten days for the next and only six days for the one I posted tonight. Seven left and the final Pantheon book will be done.





What's better, the story is holding together tight and I'm pleased with what I've gotten done. A bit of polish? of course. No book will ever be perfect on first draft. It will definitely need a good going over, tightening language and cutting anything extraneous. I'm already at 116K and could possibly top 140K when finished. That's a pretty good size chunk of fiction.





I was worried when I tossed the first version in the trash, saving only two chapters from the 113K word work but it's paid off. I am far prouder of this version. Let's see if I can keep the tension going to the end and then I have to plan a wedding. *sigh* For those who know me, I have never planned a wedding in my life. Not my daughter's. Not even my own. Quick and functional was the plan then. But it would be a great way to end the book, with a quick peek at all the characters we've come to know over the course of the tale. I'm going to have to see if I can find an online do-it-yourself wedding planner to help.





Wish me luck and quick fingers!

© Copyright 2013 Raine (UN: crystalraine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780257-Progress-at-last